Help! Which order of wiring?

post questions / problems regarding Cyrus kit here, or any other queries of a tech nature.
johnandvirginia

Help! Which order of wiring?

Postby johnandvirginia » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:07 pm

My system consists of Naim NAC 272 pre-amp/streamer, a Bel Canto C7R integrated amp and a David Berning power amp. I would like to retain the use of the C7R because it has FM radio and a good phono stage. Should I connect the C7R to the pre-amp and then the pre amp to the Berning? Or should I connect the pre amp to the C7R and then connect the C7R to the Berning? Thanks in advance.

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Help! Which order of wiring?

Postby angelface » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:21 am

I am thinking that the Naim will more transparent than the Bel Canto so connect the Bel Canto to the Naim assuming it has analogue inputs.
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7/VBL(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:55 am

yes would keep the naim as the pre and connect the bel canto to the naim

keep it as simple as possible , i use a bel canto fm1 into your lovely bel canto pre 3 to give a marvellous sound

that berning must sound sublime
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns

johnandvirginia

Postby johnandvirginia » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:22 am

Thanks guys - appreciate your help. My original plan was to downsize and this is why I bought the Bel Canto C7R with the intention of getting rid of everything. But the Berning sounds so good I just cannot part with it! I could sell the C7R but what would I get? Tuppence!! And anyway there might come a time soon when I do need to downsize and I would kick myself for getting rid of the Bel Canto! Thanks again.

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:14 pm

very wise , hang on to it

bel canto stuff lasts very well
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns