Repairer needed Swansea

post questions / problems regarding Cyrus kit here, or any other queries of a tech nature.
Camelian
One+

Repairer needed Swansea

Postby Camelian » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:14 pm

Hi All,
After recommendation for someone that can repair Cyrus gear.
My Dad has a Cyrus CD transport and off board DAC ( I think) and the transport has stopped working. No lights. I’m in Australia and he is in Swansea South Wales has had a few strokes so I can’t get him to diagnose remotely for me. It could be something real simple like a lead out or it could be something more sinister.
Not knowing this setup is there any interconnectivity between the two that would stop the transport powering up (wouldn’t have thought so but you never know)
With that I mind does anyone know of a repairer with a good rep in Swansea. Maybe someone that would be able to come pick it up and do some quick diags on-site then bring it back once repaired.
Cheers

mojo

Re: Repairer needed Swansea

Postby mojo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:09 pm

Without knowing exactly what items he has it's difficult to say, but offhand I can't think of any situation where the connection between the two would cause the transport not to power up, so it's either going to be the mains power outlet, the mains lead or something in the transport itself.

If he has had the equipment for many years, the model that best fits the description is the original Discmaster and Dacmaster. If so, it may be very difficult indeed to find anyone that could repair it, as some parts have been obsolete for many years.

If they are more recent, Cyrus themselves are the best place to get a repair done. When you know the model name of the transport, you can then go to Cyrus' website and they have a page which specifically tells you which models they can repair. They will not, of course, come to his house to collect and replace, so someone else would have to do that bit.

Camelian
One+

Postby Camelian » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:21 pm

Thanks Mojo appreciate there’s not a lot of info to go on. I’m trying to get some photos from other family members but won’t get them for a few days yet.
I know over here that there is a very good electronics tech (mission authorised) that can repair and upgrade any mission stuff so was hoping to find someone the same in the uk.
Cheers anyway.

border

Postby border » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:43 am

I used to live in West Cross just outside Mumbles and would have gladly paid him a visit to ascertain the model and see if it was a viable repair.Unfortunately I have moved away and though Swansea is only 21 miles away as the crow flies it is the other side of the Bristol Channel and a long way by road.
Do we have any CU members in the area that could help this guy out???

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:05 am

i guess audiocom might do repairs and they are not too far away

https://www.audiocomav.co.uk/162-upgrades-services
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
rotel cd /teac ud-ho1 , tannoy eaton legacy 2] arcam a75 , jolida modwright dac marantz sa8005 RFC impulse ta`us horns