Streaming service for Streamline2

post questions / problems regarding Cyrus kit here, or any other queries of a tech nature.
peterd123
One+

Streaming service for Streamline2

Postby peterd123 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:07 am

Hi, being new to the Streamline2, I have not subscribed to any service yet to stream FLAC music files.
Not sure what to use or what my equipment supports. Also do any of the services allow you to download to an external hard drive library?
Running version 3.3 at the moment.
And can I increase number of USb ports so that I can connect an IPOD at same time as USB hard drive?
Regards
Pete

zippy
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Streaming service for Streamline2

Postby zippy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:48 pm

In my opinion there's nothing much to chose between the different services, so you may as well pick one that you like the look of (and that your system supports of course)
I happen to like (and use) Qobuz.
I doubt you can change the USB setup but maybe someone knows the answer to that.
Win10 PC with Asset UPnP server/BubbleUPnP app on Android tablet
AG1500 regenerator/StreamXSig->DAC XPSig(with PSX-R2)->Bryston 4BSST2->KEF Reference 3~2

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Streaming service for Streamline2

Postby callen24 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:05 pm

both qobuz and tidal have slightly different catalogues, but for most people you won’t notice.
over the last 2 years i’ve skipped between both on free trials, or cheap trials.

3 month ones for both have been available. You can’t down l9ad and purchase via the streamline, but any purchases for quobuz done elsewhere will be available on your streamline, even if you don’t have a subscription
cyrus stream X2, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform
rega RP6, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, sub-platter upgrade
Former owner of 20 Cyrus boxes