Mono X v Mono X300 Sigs

post your reviews of Cyrus kit here, and any other hifi components.
angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Mono X v Mono X300 Sigs

Postby angelface » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:29 am

Finally got the new amps home to try.

Initial thoughts:
I expected more bass and more dynamics (50% more power) but I haven't found that. Bass could be being restricted by my speakers that bottom out at around 50Hz.
However I am hearing more detail (things I can't remeber hearing) and the sound seems less fuzzy. Compared with most music systems it was incredibly clear already but this is a whole new level.
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7/VBL(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX300Sigs(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

madaboutlawns

Re: Mono X v Mono X300 Sigs

Postby madaboutlawns » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:27 pm

I love my x300 sigs, They give me everything I want and then some.

What did you go from and then too?

I'm guessing xpower to x300 sigs?
Cyrus Dac xp Sig, Stram x2 Sig, PSX-r2
Cyrus phono Sig, Psx-r2
2x Mono 300x Sig
Michell Gyrodec, RB600 arm + Goldring 1042
Dali Opticon 8
Power Supply, 9 250w DC solar panels into bank of 10 batteries then inverter to A/C

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:02 am

“more bass, more dynamics”
when i did jump from mono x to x300, i found i concluded the same as you.
And i liked it.

more bass and dynamics would give them a different character. i’m glad they went for more of the same.
I think we all prefer something that you can listen to for hours, rather than something that blows you away in a 2 hour demo, but you find isn’t enjoyable during back to back 7 hour sessions, over years
cyrus stream X2, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform
rega RP6, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, sub-platter upgrade
Former owner of 20 Cyrus boxes

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Postby angelface » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:30 am

madaboutlawns wrote:What did you go from and then too?
I'm guessing xpower to x300 sigs?

As per subject from Mono X.

Both are QS for those who think colour makes a difference ;)
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7/VBL(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX300Sigs(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Postby angelface » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:57 am

Last night I persuaded SWMBO to compare.

First we tried Hey Now by London Grammar and guess what she preferred the Mono X!
Then played Late Night by Foals and she admitted that the new amps sounded better..

For those who remember Screechy Vioilns topic we then tried some violin and then my wife said "You've turned it down for me right?" I replied not at all so I turned it up a couple of clicks and she was impressed. This of course could be all my acoustics panels (5 in all) but I'm not telling her that!

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:27 pm

angelface wrote:Last night I persuaded SWMBO to compare.

First we tried Hey Now by London Grammar and guess what she preferred the Mono X!
Then played Late Night by Foals and she admitted that the new amps sounded better..

For those who remember Screechy Vioilns topic we then tried some violin and then my wife said "You've turned it down for me right?" I replied not at all so I turned it up a couple of clicks and she was impressed. This of course could be all my acoustics panels (5 in all) but I'm not telling her that!

i’m suspecting that more control, clarity does sound quieter.

Can you hear each other if you are talking?

Just been listening to “ mysterious ways” by U2, it sounds a bit bass lite, but if i take my hands off the ipad and place them on the sofa, either side of me, palms down, it’s like i’m touching a washing machine on a slow spin O0
cyrus stream X2, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform
rega RP6, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, sub-platter upgrade
Former owner of 20 Cyrus boxes