Formula 1

off topic
SimonJ
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Formula 1

Postby SimonJ » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:31 pm

[quote="peter bj"]
Red bull cannot be pleased as torro rosso is outperforming them !
[/quote]

Ha ha love it!
Main system: GyroDec>Dynavector XX2MK2>Auralic Aries>Pimped DDDAC 1794>Coherant 4d>TE Vibe & Pulse PSU>Coherant 4D & 4D Mains>Sugden Sapphire FBA-800 & 4D Mains>Coherant 4D Speaker Cable>Focal 1028
Office - DIY System: MMStreamer>DDDAC>KT88 Valve Amp>Focal 1008

cjyosemite

Postby cjyosemite » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:50 pm

Rosberg certainly threw the dummy out the pram in China but fortunately nobody had any sympathy for him. Hamilton missed a trick with his comments to the press as all he had to say was that he had full confidence in Nico holding off the Ferraris even if he wasn't confident himself.

jules

Postby jules » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:49 pm

Just put a punt on Bottas at 6 to 1.. gotta be worth a shot methinks! 8)

jules

Postby jules » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:08 am

Anyone catch the British F1 GP? (I know many were watching the Tennis or Cricket instead)

I watched live on Ch4 and it was easily the best British F1 race I can remember for decades 8)

In case you missed the Leclerc vs Max battle:

https://youtu.be/RmvZyC6s_Wk
Cyrus CD8x/PreVs2/Xpower -> Cyrus i/cs, 4TC, Oddy -> Leema Xone

mickbald
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mickbald » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:36 pm

I watched cricket, Jan watched tennis and we recorded the F1. Luckily no-one spoiled it so we watched the race in the evening. It was brilliant, wasn't it?

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:37 pm

jules wrote:Anyone catch the British F1 GP? (I know many were watching the Tennis or Cricket instead)

I watched live on Ch4 and it was easily the best British F1 race I can remember for decades 8)

I wonder whether there is more dicing this year because of the aero changes which make it easier to follow.

I wonder whether a further reg change which makes all cars have a simple front and rear wing would make it much better?
That doesn’t exclude innovation or skill in aerodynamic design because it gives freedom on the underside and sides etc

I saw a comparison with the stewart vs rindt race in which they passed each other 33 times in the race.
Last edited by callen24 on Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cyrus stream X2, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform
rega RP6, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, sub-platter upgrade
Former owner of 20 Cyrus boxes

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:48 pm

More generally, on the season so far, some interesting stuff is happening.
Haas and sauber ( with Ferrari engine), Williams and Racing point ( mercedes engine) seem to be doing much worse than you expect them to do with those engines - is that because the spec of their engines is further behind the factory teams then we think, or is it the implementation - aero, chassis?

Also, do we conclude that McClaren has a similar spec engine to the renault car?

If Mcclaren go back to mercedes, as rumoured, does that suggest that Renault might get out of F1 altogether soon?
cyrus stream X2, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform
rega RP6, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, sub-platter upgrade
Former owner of 20 Cyrus boxes

jules

Postby jules » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:56 pm

callen24 wrote:
jules wrote:Anyone catch the British F1 GP? (I know many were watching the Tennis or Cricket instead)

I wonder whether there is more dicing this year because of the aero changes which make it easier to follow.

I wonder whether a reg change which ames all cars have a simple front and rear wing would make it much better.
That doesn’t exclude innovation or skill in aerodynamic design because it gives freedom on the underside and sides etc

I saw a comparison with the stewart vs rindt race in which they passed each other 33 times in the race.

I think the aero changes have made a difference + bigger DRS openings, tho some said it was Silverstone's new surface that prevented the tyres from overheating when following. Either way it was light years away from some races from 10-15years ago when the field would just gradually spread out and the only overtaking was during pits stops.

I also think the skill level of the drivers has increased in the past 3-4 years, e.g. Leclerc, Max and Ham, leaving Vettel a bit behind the times IMO.

mickbald wrote:I watched cricket, Jan watched tennis and we recorded the F1. Luckily no-one spoiled it so we watched the race in the evening. It was brilliant, wasn't it?

Ha ha, remember the days with only 1 TV per house ;)

Yep I watched the F1 live, watched the end of the tennis live with the missus, then watched the Cricket on the ICC 10min youtube highlights. TBH I'm not a huge cricket fan, however it did seem like an amazing sporting event. It's a shame that the tournament had been on SKY only - there seemed to be more buzz with the women's football, which was on terrestrial TV. Some one missed a trick there.

jules

Postby jules » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:01 pm

callen24 wrote:More generally, on the season so far, some interesting stuff is happening.
Haas and sauber ( with Ferrari engine), Williams and Racing point ( mercedes engine) seem to be doing much worse than you expect them to do with those engines - is that because the spec of their engines is further behind the factory teams then we think, or is it the implementation - aero, chassis?

Also, do we conclude that McClaren has a similar spec engine to the renault car?

If Mcclaren go back to mercedes, as rumoured, does that suggest that Renault might get out of F1 altogether soon?

IMO Renault engines have caught up a lot meaning Williams and Force India point, Sauber, etc. don't get the free boost as before and it's back to aero as the differentiator. I'm sure the (works/customer) engines are the same but fuel and lubricants can make a difference ;)