Boris

off topic
callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Boris

Postby callen24 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:38 pm

in case it is important to you
The promise of 20k extra police has been a labour comittment for 2 years, so that is Boris just matching that?
cyrus stream X2, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform
rega RP6, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, sub-platter upgrade
Former owner of 20 Cyrus boxes

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:38 pm

in case it is important to you
The promise of 20k extra police has been a labour comittment for 2 years, so that is Boris just matching that?
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:28 pm

it is very important to have these policeman , we have loads of burglaries and mini crimes . they are seldom investigated as no police resources , we rarely see police on the beat and they are all stressed out !!
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
rotel cd /teac ud-ho1 , tannoy eaton legacy 2] arcam a75 , jolida modwright dac marantz sa8005 RFC impulse ta`us horns

mojo

Postby mojo » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:55 pm

I agree - I have two friends who are police officers, and both are unhappy about their work because they have too little time to do any one thing properly.

But it should have been announced as new Conservative government policy, by the minister responsible, and not by a freshly-crowned (rather than elected) Prime Minister.

It makes him look more like a dictator than a team player, and one with plans to surround himself with Yes-men/women.

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:46 am

i don’t want to be rude but which ever side you voted for at the time, the information that has come out since regarding the lying of the leave campaign he fronted, breaking election rules etc... should worry people.
Similarly with his conversion to “no deal” , is it simply because he has decided that he can win elections by doing this?
Or has he always wanted a “no-deal”, but was lying about that during the EU referendum?

The boris bus was a lie then, and still is

https://www.businessinsider.com/vote-le ... ?r=US&IR=T

jules

Postby jules » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:32 am

callen24 wrote:Or has he always wanted a “no-deal”, but was lying about that during the EU referendum?

The idea is that Boris and Co will renegotiate a 'better' deal before 31st Oct and the only way to get the EU to take this seriously is with the realistic threat of a no-deal as the default position.

Problems:

1) many people say that there isn't enough time to do a new deal before 31st Oct
2) EU don't want a new deal
3) Tory majority too slim to get any deal through anyway
4) no-deal will be blocked by MPs
5) Boris has said 100% UK to leave by 31st Oct

With this in mind I see no other option but another general election as we get close to the crunch time....
Cyrus CD8x/PreVs2/Xpower -> Cyrus i/cs, 4TC, Oddy -> Leema Xone

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Postby angelface » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:18 am

jules wrote:With this in mind I see no other option but another general election as we get close to the crunch time....

I still don't think any Tory will vote for general election that they will lose. I do think MPs will vote against no deal.
Is it possible that Boris will call an election just before 31st to stop MP's blocking a default no deal exit from the EU?
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7/VBL(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX300Sigs(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

jules

Postby jules » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:49 pm

angelface wrote:
jules wrote:With this in mind I see no other option but another general election as we get close to the crunch time....

Is it possible that Boris will call an election just before 31st to stop MP's blocking a default no deal exit from the EU?

I'm no expert but I just can't see this happening.

mojo

Postby mojo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:29 pm

Wouldn't that make him the shortest serving British PM ever (sorry can't be bothered to look it up)?

I can't see his level of ambition allowing him to call an election that he would be near certain to lose, as everyone would see that the election had been called purely in order to subvert democracy.

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:45 pm

i know several of you are assuming he will loose, but i suspect he will make it a single issue campaign to try and block out other subjects ie do you want to leave, yes or no.
And therefore seek to mobilise the people who voteD leave, but didn’t often vote before thE EU referendum, and haven’t really voted since.

of course like theresa may in 2017 a quick election is risky, but as time goes on people might actually start to experience brexit very differently than they expect. As people have pointed out about his cabinet selections a GE victory in 2019 could give him a free hand until 2024

mojo

Postby mojo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:03 pm

Sorry - I'm not suggesting that he would lose, except in the specific case that angelfaces poses, which I think is that he calls an election with such timing that parliament is in purdah on the 31st October and so can do nothing to prevent exit without a deal. I think (hope) that he would lose if he did that.

I'm under no illusions about a more conventional future general election. In my experience there are still significant numbers of people (especially among the older generation) who think that we should just take back the Empire and be great again. Countless times on other forums I see people urging us to "grasp the opportunities" that isolating ourselves from our 27 closest neighbours will offer. So I make no assumptions that he will definitely lose!

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:11 pm

i hope people realise that any promises Boris Is making on the NHS is not additional funding, just puttingback what has been taken out.
Even then because privatised services are more expensive ( in total), im not sure it will be as noticeable as you expect.

People should note that one of the big costs of a health service is training staff, technicians, nurses, doctors, private healthcare gets this done for free by the NHS ( on the whole) - there are no transfer fees
The NHS has not been doing this in the numbers it needs, which can’t be put right quickly

jules

Postby jules » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:29 am

callen24 wrote:i hope people realise that any promises Boris Is making on the NHS is not additional funding, just puttingback what has been taken out...

Yep I don't believe any promises from politicians until I see it for real ! ;)