Annie Lennox Vinyl - Update

Pop, Rock, Jazz, Plinque, whatever ....
roadsterg

Annie Lennox Vinyl - Update

Postby roadsterg » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:58 am

I've just ordered the Diva and Medusa bundle from HMV comprising of the two LPs which were reissued very recently. Stock is already low so I hope I don't have to wait too long. My collection has lacked any Annie Lennox or Eurythmics stuff for ages but I'm glad I resisted going for CDs.

Update:
HMV cancelled my order saying they could not restock from their suppliers. Eventually got them from Juno records so here is my review.

Not too much point in talking about the music itself, that's just a matter of taste. Annie Lennox is a good singer and the other musicians are totally competent. The big disappointment is that the supposedly remastered tracks haven't, in most cases, produced anything like good HI-Fi. There is no space around the instrument, no sense of depth. Backing vocals are mushy and nearly everything seems to have too much reverb. I don't know whether the remastering was from source tapes so perhaps the masters themselves were below par. So my reluctant conclusion for anyone thinking of paying a premium price for vinyl is, in this case, don't bother.
Last edited by roadsterg on Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Annie Lennox Vinyl

Postby callen24 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:36 pm

i think the eurythmics album "savage" is underrated
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand.
rega P3-24, psu, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, Project RCM