Cyrus FMX, Hypex UcD400, SBTouch

Ianmac

Cyrus FMX, Hypex UcD400, SBTouch

Postby Ianmac » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:56 pm

Having a bit of a clearout after lashing out on some new gear via the forum.

Cyrus FMX Tuner in Silver. In good condition and working order £150 plus carriage. Little used, I changed the IEC mains inlet connector to rid it of the Cyrus cheapie where the cable fell out rather easily I dont have the original box but it will be well packed. I havent posted pictures as everyone knows what it is

Having upgraded to N cores I have two Hypex UcD400 amps for sale. These were built to stand behind my speakers, fed balanced and used with short speaker cables. The Ucd 400 modules were replaced in sept last year to catch the latest upgrades and have HXR modules fitted.Power supply for each Ucd module is from a Hypex SMPS400a400. They are fully wired complete with the often left out speaker protection circuit, a diagram is available.
They are in DIY cases with 4 speaker terminals offering side and end connectors. A 3A schaffner mains filter is fitted. It would cost over £600 to buy all the bits today, £250 for the pair, plus carriage.
400 watt peak per channel Class D. These bettered the Mono X by a fair margin and a few of us built them.
Note these have balanced inputs. Cables can be sorted out to run in unbalanced mode but really if you can use balanced and short speaker cables do it.

Squeezebox Touch In good condition complete with all boxed items and additional instruction notes. Original SMPS wall wart supply.
The remote has hardly been used but the rubber material its made with has gone sticky on the surface and I havent found anything to cure this. You can see it on the picture.
Ideal for someone looking to start streaming or need one for an office system
£80 plus carriage
Any further info or detailed pictures needed send me your email via PM and Ill sort it out.
Sytem 1.
Engineered SA-NMR Renderer (Ianmac PSU) :BelCanto CD-2: Technics 1200 (Ianmac Bearing + Ianmac PSU+Ianmac arm): DACT-Ianmac phono pre >Benchmark DAC2 HGC>2*Ianmac-Hypex NCore monos> ATCSCM40 : Ianmac filters
System 2
Engineered SA-NMR Renderer (Ianmac PSU) :Benchmark DAC1.Sony CDP D11 pro: 2*-Hypex Ncore monos: Kef ref1-2.
IMF's

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Cyrus FMX, Hypex UcD400, SBTouch

Postby hifinutt » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:59 am

the fmx is a lovely tuner

just a thought , what does it mean ?

4 speaker terminals offering side and end connectors.
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns

mojo

Postby mojo » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:36 am

hifinutt wrote: 4 speaker terminals offering side and end connectors.

Unlike Cyrus products, the speaker terminals have both screw-down turrets and 4mm banana sockets in the top, so you can use spade terminals as well as / instead of bananas. The contact surface area of a spade terminal is typically much greater than a banana, so in electrical terms they are superior - just not quite so convenient for quick connection changes!

Ianmac

Postby Ianmac » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:49 am

HYPEX Amps are now SOLD
Sytem 1.
Engineered SA-NMR Renderer (Ianmac PSU) :BelCanto CD-2: Technics 1200 (Ianmac Bearing + Ianmac PSU+Ianmac arm): DACT-Ianmac phono pre >Benchmark DAC2 HGC>2*Ianmac-Hypex NCore monos> ATCSCM40 : Ianmac filters
System 2
Engineered SA-NMR Renderer (Ianmac PSU) :Benchmark DAC1.Sony CDP D11 pro: 2*-Hypex Ncore monos: Kef ref1-2.
IMF's

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:13 am

mojo wrote:
hifinutt wrote: 4 speaker terminals offering side and end connectors.

Unlike Cyrus products, the speaker terminals have both screw-down turrets and 4mm banana sockets in the top, so you can use spade terminals as well as / instead of bananas. The contact surface area of a spade terminal is typically much greater than a banana, so in electrical terms they are superior - just not quite so convenient for quick connection changes!

thanks mojo and glad they are sold to a new owner
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:26 am

Ianmac wrote:HYPEX Amps are now SOLD

someone got an incredible bargain, they look incredibly well put together
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand.
rega P3-24, psu, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, Project RCM

Olaup
One+

Postby Olaup » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:54 pm

I am interested in the Touch if still available.

Update :

I am now sorted elsewhere.

Ianmac

Postby Ianmac » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:55 pm

Good you have got one.
Was away at the weekend.
The touch and FMX are still available.
Sytem 1.
System 2
IMF's