Advice on pricing - VABBG

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Advice on pricing - VABBG

Postby callen24 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:47 pm

I was thinking of around £1100, plus postage
i have had them from new, so had to endure 100 hours run in time before they started to show what they can do

But i got them at a massive discount because one of them has some minor showroom damage, a chip in veneer at one rear corner. Along with scratches on the front veneer, which are mostly hidden by dust cover, and give a small area a matt finish.

Bothe speakers have minor surface scratches to the tops, from my lack of care - they may well disappear with a proper polish.
None of this is apparent unless under close inspection.
I have the original double boxes

MORE GENERAL INFO.
For anyone ever considering this model as an upgrade
1. piano black is beautiful, but easy to get hand marks on - the speakers come with gloves for this reason
2. these are the 13th pair of speakers i’ve owned - they were 10 times more fussy to set up than any of the others
3. Therefore i suggest you should only consider if you can have a lot of room to the side, and behind. But also follow the advice of someone who had the job of demoing them - have more toe in than is usual as your starting point
4. they are quite thin towers
5. don’t have a wooden floor
6. they are easy to drive, but they can sound quite ordinary until you feed they big current
7. They are a good match with cyrus, whether it’s an 8dac integrated or an x300 combo
cyrus stream X2, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform
rega RP6, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, sub-platter upgrade
Former owner of 20 Cyrus boxes

RichardLowe

Re: Advice on pricing - VABBG

Postby RichardLowe » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:08 pm

Having owned both the VA Beethoven Baby Grand and Concert Grand with Cyrus electronics these speakers are a great match. I also matched them with Anthem Statement M1 power amps so know they are capable of unearthing great detail and huge amounts of bass. I had the same piano black finish and they are beautiful.. £1100 is a bargain for such a good speaker.

Good luck with the sale Chris.
[(NAS > LAN network) + (oppo 203 > ml binary star i/c) + (RoonCore on Intel NUC > LAN network)] > primare pre60 > tellurium q black xlr > primare a60 > tellurium q black 2.0 > boenicke w13 se

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:15 pm

RichardLowe wrote:Having owned both the VA Beethoven Baby Grand and Concert Grand with Cyrus electronics these speakers are a great match. I also matched them with Anthem Statement M1 power amps so know they are capable of unearthing great detail and huge amounts of bass. I had the same piano black finish and they are beautiful.. £1100 is a bargain for such a good speaker.

Good luck with the sale Chris.

with the superficial damage will they be hard to sell at this price
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform

RichardLowe

Postby RichardLowe » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:38 am

with the superficial damage will they be hard to sell at this price

Do you have pictures you can post showing the damage? Unless its significant, or in a place that stands out, it shouldn't reduce the price that much. The price you're asking is certainly low for VA BBG in the current market from what I can see.
[(NAS > LAN network) + (oppo 203 > ml binary star i/c) + (RoonCore on Intel NUC > LAN network)] > primare pre60 > tellurium q black xlr > primare a60 > tellurium q black 2.0 > boenicke w13 se

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:19 pm

they seem to fly out of the door but depends on the damage, i just repaired a pair of p3esr and sold them at a reasonable price [ not a profit though]
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
rotel cd /teac ud-ho1 , tannoy eaton legacy 2] arcam a75 , jolida modwright dac marantz sa8005 RFC impulse ta`us horns

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:16 pm

hifinutt wrote:they seem to fly out of the door but depends on the damage, i just repaired a pair of p3esr and sold them at a reasonable price [ not a profit though]

it is superficial , just on veneer , unless in bright sunshine you can’t see it, photos wouldn’t show it clearly.
But i want people to collect so they are absolutely happy.

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:55 pm

Methinks they will sell very fast with some lovely pics .
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
rotel cd /teac ud-ho1 , tannoy eaton legacy 2] arcam a75 , jolida modwright dac marantz sa8005 RFC impulse ta`us horns

RichardLowe

Postby RichardLowe » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:01 pm

I agree, if the damage is so low it won't show in a photograph then you're good! The finish on the VABBG piano black is beautiful so post some pictures when you sell and that should just about do it

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:38 pm

I have to get a buyer for these first, but after that I WILL be selling the NORD.
An easy item to sell.
But it also seems sensible to give the buyer the option of a package, if they do wish.
Nord have dropped the price of this amp by a 100£ since i bought it, so i’m thinking of £2200 for speakers and amp.
it has the sonic imagery opamps, but more importantly it is run in, not very listenable for first 300 hours

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Postby angelface » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:42 pm

I would advertise these separately. I think you are limiting your market.

Choice and taste is a wonderful thing in hi-fi. When I sell my Mono X, I would not want to sell them only to people who like Wilson Benesch.
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7/VBL(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX300Sigs(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:37 pm

angelface wrote:I would advertise these separately. I think you are limiting your market.

Choice and taste is a wonderful thing in hi-fi. When I sell my Mono X, I would not want to sell them only to people who like Wilson Benesch.

thanks
i wasn’t saying that, sorry if i was unclear
I’m selling the speakers, but they will also know they can go large by adding the amp

That will sell quickly whatever, later.
with my neurological condition I am looking for simple

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:11 am

thanks for the PM
I have replied