How to insert photos into posts

MisterMat

How to insert photos into posts

Postby MisterMat » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:55 pm

This gets asked a lot... I'm going to take a break from causing trouble and be useful for a change.

This is not the only way to upload pictures but it it's reliable, easy and works for me, every time.

Step 1: Upload picture to imgur.com

Imgur is more reliable than photobucket or the vast majority of image hosting sites. I recommend it for a reason.

First, go to http://www.imgur.com

Click browse, select your picture, click continue to upload.

(You can also upload an imagine from another website via the "Upload URLs" page)

Step 2: Copy the reference to your url

When it's uploaded, you will be presented with this screen. Copy the text from the "message board" pane, by highlighting it, right clicking and selecting "copy"

Step 3: Paste into your message

Next, just paste the text into your message like so:

Click "message preview" to make sure it all displays correctly before posting. If it's too big, there is an option on imgur.com to change the size of the picture after it has been uploaded, see the "More Sizes" tab in the top right hand side of the screen.

Job done!

Matthew.

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

RE: How to insert photos into posts

Postby hifinutt » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:16 pm

yes lets make this a sticky , thanks mat
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns3] rotel , harbeth p3esr

Robert
Administrator
Administrator

RE: How to insert photos into posts

Postby Robert » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:36 pm

done, thanks for taking the time to do this.
home office: Dell laptop running JRriver MC22 / Meridian Explorer / AKG 550's
music room: PC transport running JRiver MC22 / Naim DAC-V1 / Naim Supernait 2 / Neat Motive SX2
kitchen: Naim Unitiqute 2 / Naim NAP100 / Totem Dreamcatchers

blitzpear

Re: How to insert photos into posts

Postby blitzpear » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:23 pm

Alternatively, find desired album cover on amazon, right clic & select copy url, then go to your post, clic insert image, then right clic insert url in the middle of your img brackets.
This negates having to go via a photo sharing site (many people like myself do not &  have no reason to use them).

Robert - please let me know if i'm wrong to recommend this alternative.
Naim amplification, chord 2qute, streamx sig, rega rp6 c/w project phonobox rs, PMC 21.

Simon Chick
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Simon Chick » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:23 am

Another variation, which gives you images of a constant size from a probably stable long term source,  is to use Google images to search for allmusic + the band and album name. That will almost invariably bring up the required image in allmusic which you then click on, and then click on open image. Then click on the url in the search bar to copy it, then paste it into the insert image brackets in the forum, et voila.

I always do it that way now. Uploading an image first is a pain in the arse, so I only do that with personal photos, because then there is no choice.
Synology NAS > noiseless PC / Roon > Jitterbugs > USB Regen > Ayre QX-5 Twenty > Ayre KX-R Twenty > 2 x Ayre MX-R Twenty > Dynaudio Confidence C4 Signatures
Chord Sarum loom, Missing Link, MCRU and Transparent Reference power cables
PS Audio P10 mains regeneration. Sonority isolation

Bolts2109
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bolts2109 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:16 am

Just trying that on iPad...

Yes  ;)

thanks Simon
Aurender N100H, Inspire Eclipse V2 w/Ortofon Cadenza Black, Bricasti M1 DAC, Jeff Rowland Capri, MK Geithain 903K

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:23 pm

and i think photobucket is back if you want to post with them

https://theartofsound.net/forum/showthr ... et-hosting
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns3] rotel , harbeth p3esr