Server error with tidal

erri

Server error with tidal

Postby erri » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:32 am

Hi,

I have been using my stream xp2 qx (with an external dac though) with no problem since the firmware upgrade, thus using tidal almost everyday. I am now receiving a server error message when trying to use tidal, although anything else works perfectly like music from my server, internet radio etc etc. Also in Tidal I see all the details but I have selected what to play the message comes out.

Nothing have changed in the setup, the only new element in the chain is the broadband modem which have been upgraded last week frome the provider, but my system is all wired and I only had to change passwords across devices. All my family use tidal, but never at home at the same time.

Any idea?

Thanks Enrico

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Server error with tidal

Postby callen24 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:37 am

just tried, no problems here.
latest firmware, including qobuz, wired connection.
latest cadence
sorry if that is unhelpful
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand.
rega P3-24, psu, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, Project RCM

erri

Postby erri » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:34 pm

The error keeps manifesting.

Tidal itself works otherwise I guess I could not browse through it. The question is why it cannot reproduce the songs...
Can it be something with the new modem? It sound strange as my streaming video link works as usual...

Keep testing..

E

Hasselblad100

Postby Hasselblad100 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:10 pm

Hi

Have you seen my similar-ish thread over on the General Discussion board?

Your problem description sounds like you have an issue accessing anything on Tidal, whereas mine is related only to one artist when I try to access their catalogue via the My Music/Artists/Artist Name route...I get the Server Inaccessible message on the streamer display.

I don't have the firmware upgrade which gives Qobuz access so I assume Cyrus won't help until I have done a f/ware u/g. That is frankly bulls%$t because the setup has been working fine until today. I have f/ware version 4.02

There is a chance it is something at TIDAL's end but the catalogue search works perfectly from Tidal via Mac/iphone/ipad. It's almost like Cadence is querying a fixed address location and getting a garbage message back, which causes the streamer and App to hang until told to re-poll the input source.

The Artist is The Slow Readers Club...you could test it out - add them to favourites and then go to Artists, click and see what happens

Paul

erri

Postby erri » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:31 pm

Thanks Paul, sorry I have lost your discussion, I was logged via iphone and sometimes I miss the full picture woth le small display.
I have exactely your same problem, I can do all the search via cadence but when it comes to reproducing...it fails.

I have the qobuz firmware and having an upgrade down here in Italy was a nightmare..next time I am in London I will try to bring the machine with me

Anyway I fully agree with you, it is all buxxsxxt, it has worked untill two days ago.

I am seriously thinking separating AV from HIFI (my sons will love it as today they cant touch a thing), I will buy an AV receiver like the base maranz (Spotify, tidal, qobuz, heos etcetc), keep the monox just to be able to move the front speaker decently....then I will build a small top set up elsewhere at home..

E

Hasselblad100

Postby Hasselblad100 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:41 pm

Hi Enrico

Does yours fail to return any queries after you've pressed Cadence? I'm baffled that my problem only manifests itself with one artist?

I'm using Audivarna+ on a Mac to serve the stream x sig and their app is pretty good. So, it's sort of solved it for now (except for the 75GBP to but the software) but I'm OCD about this sort of cr@p :-)

All the best
Paul

erri

Postby erri » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:47 pm

Ciao,

It happens when it comes to reproducing any choice I have made. I can browse everywhere, but I cant play music.

Other than that Cadence works, internet radio, music server, pcm via usb..

You must me right... it has to be Cadence not communicating correctly with Tidal, which works perfectly on any of my device...iphone, windows PC, androif phone of my sons and wife..

Question is how I fix it? I have cancelled and reloaded cadence, exoted from todal and re-coupled with tidal on the stream xp...nothing..

E

Hasselblad100

Postby Hasselblad100 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:41 pm

Enrico,

What version of f/ware are you running on the streamer?

Paul

erri

Postby erri » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:10 pm

Unit version 4.02

E

Hasselblad100

Postby Hasselblad100 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:01 pm

E,
Try it now...my issue has disappeared since I called Cyrus this morning; I think they contacted Tidal
Paul

erri

Postby erri » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:18 pm

Thanks Paul,

I will try as I get back home...I am out for business trip untill wednesday, fingers crossed then

E

erri

Postby erri » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:07 am

Bad news....it is not working

Enrico

Hasselblad100

Postby Hasselblad100 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:33 am

Call Cyrus and get the fault logged. I mentioned your issue when I spoke to them and they said that it sounds like a different problem.

Good luck anyway

erri

Postby erri » Wed May 30, 2018 10:21 am

Ciao,

as suggested I emailed Cyrus and Tidal; they have been very kind, but the issue is till there.

- Tidal was initially telling me that I had to chage DNS setting on my streaming engine (namely: "this issue may be resolved by making some adjustments to your device in question. Please change the DNS settings on your device by following this guide: https://developers.google.com/speed/pub ... sing?hl=en and then recycle all your equipment)
- Cyrus is telling me on the back, that there is no need to do it as it will be self-adjusting. I have only factort reset the device just to be sure I was starting from ground zero
- When I replied to Tidal with no success, they pointed the finger to the ISP, saying that this is a known issue and their tech dept is dialoging with the ISP to solve the issue....but I was not given a time horizon for its resolution

Since I have notice that issue has started when my ISP upgaded its modem, I have called them to check whether there was port setting issue preventing the dialogue between my modem and Tidaly server; I had then all the ports opened for the MAC address of my stream xp2.

Result: still server error

While I wait for cyrus feedback (unfortunately Chris is in its annual leave) and mostly Tidal's...is there anything I could do???

Enrico

erri

Postby erri » Thu May 31, 2018 8:58 pm

No ideas from anyone?

Ciao

Enrico