regarding Cyrus products and other hifi related threads
hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

hi fi plans for 2018

Postby hifinutt » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:22 pm

anyone got any plans for 2018 ?

i have got some fugelhorns xl to play with
ImageIMG_8808.thumb.JPG.805e369521948dbc91432c63788c73ae by https://www.flickr.com/photos/158267783@N02/, on Flickr

anyone else planning new kit ?
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit saga , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns

mickbald
Addicted
Addicted

Re: hi fi plans for 2018

Postby mickbald » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:06 pm

Still trying to get my Raspberry Pi working.

Possibly a new NAS as Windows seems to have locked out my Netgear Duo since a recent security update.

Getting my CD XT Sig repaired - screen gone blank.

Overall pledge to save money.

simbo

Postby simbo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:37 am

Significant downsizing of house means significant downsizing of Hifi.

I have three setups at present in three separate rooms and will be downsizing to one, and probably a naim mu-so at that, although will be retaining a vinyl front end to it in addition to streaming.

Once settled, turntable change will be next. Possibly a rega or project; suspended sub-chassis will be out that’s for sure, as suspended floors and no wall shelf will be allowed (the mana wall shelf reference will be for sale to someone more ‘dedicated’)

argustimewas
Addicted
Addicted

Postby argustimewas » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:18 am

After I've cleaed all of my LPs I'll think about replacing my Ortofon Quintet Black, but have no idea what this might be at the moment.

Also thinking about the new Chord Qutest to open up USB streaming options.

Absolutely nothing else!
Michell Orb SE / SME 309 / Ortofon Quintet Black
Phono X & PSX-R
CDXt Signature
Auralic Aries Mini
DACXP Signature & PSX-R2
Mono X300 Signatures x 2
Spendor D7
Missing Link Binary Star coaxial, Atlas Navigator XLR, Mark Grant G1500HD RCA, Van Damme 6mm UP-LCOFC speaker cable
IMF x 3, R Andrews mains cables
X Arbour

jobseeker

Postby jobseeker » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:40 am

simbo wrote:Significant downsizing of house means significant downsizing of Hifi.

I have three setups at present in three separate rooms and will be downsizing to one, and probably a naim mu-so at that, although will be retaining a vinyl front end to it in addition to streaming.

Once settled, turntable change will be next. Possibly a rega or project; suspended sub-chassis will be out that’s for sure, as suspended floors and no wall shelf will be allowed (the mana wall shelf reference will be for sale to someone more ‘dedicated’)

I'm in a similar position to you, complicated by the fact that I will be setting up a home on the island of Madeira. Looks like I will be basing the main system around the Lindemann Musicbook 20 DAC/Pre. Decisions beyond that still to be made.

Attonine

Postby Attonine » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:56 am

jobseeker wrote:I'm in a similar position to you, complicated by the fact that I will be setting up a home on the island of Madeira. Looks like I will be basing the main system around the Lindemann Musicbook 20 DAC/Pre. Decisions beyond that still to be made.

I think Madeira sounds great. If you haven’t already, start learning Portuguese and take and interest in Scuba diving - then plan some island hopping between Madeira/canairies/Cabo Verde. If you get really adventurous, you can hit Africa - Mauritania (not recommended) and Senegal (highly recommended) have cheap and short flights from the Islands I think!
Auralic Aries; Chord Hugo TT; Audeze LCD 2

jobseeker

Postby jobseeker » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:47 pm

Hi Fi as such is almost non existent there, of course, though actually a shop has just opened in Funchal.

Moz

Postby Moz » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:24 pm

My kit hasn't changed for many a year but given I will be moving to a much smaller listening room soon, this year could see many changes.....
Looking forward to it.

t-roten

Postby t-roten » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:57 pm

I am re-decorating the living room, and then getting a new stand for the stereo.
I think I will build it myself, as I find it very hard to find anything I like.

After that I might get a new streamer - currently looking at Yamaha NP-S303....
Pioneer LX55 + Denon Da-300USB ->
Rega RP3 with TTPSU + Musical Fidelity M1LPS -> Musical Fidelity M6i -> Trond "Ellam 2.5"
Yamaha NP-S303 ->

Cyrus Streamline v2 -> "Trond" Peerless HDS-PPB

caine
Addicted
Addicted

Postby caine » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Still finishing my HiFi room just got to shorten some power cables move some move panels on the wall and fit panels on the ceiling. At some point do plan to change power amps and the front end.

My Yamaha DSP-Z7 is fugging around (just about to call Yamaha UK, they're techs are quite helpful). As a permanent solution I'm looking at Ncore amps on the 11 channels in a 7.sub(s).4 config. An 8 channel MP for Surround/Rear and .4 Ceiling speakers, either a NC500 stereo for the Fronts and a Mono for the Centre or all mono's across the front. A company in Cheltenham called Nord are doing some decent priced/configurable Hypex gear. Then just a matter of finding a decent AV pre supporting 11.subs with full support of ATMOS/DTS X codec's.

zippy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby zippy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:56 pm

Attonine wrote:
jobseeker wrote:I'm in a similar position to you, complicated by the fact that I will be setting up a home on the island of Madeira. Looks like I will be basing the main system around the Lindemann Musicbook 20 DAC/Pre. Decisions beyond that still to be made.

I think Madeira sounds great. If you haven’t already, start learning Portuguese and take and interest in Scuba diving - then plan some island hopping between Madeira/canairies/Cabo Verde. If you get really adventurous, you can hit Africa - Mauritania (not recommended) and Senegal (highly recommended) have cheap and short flights from the Islands I think!

Sounds like the hifi isn't going to get a look in !
Win10 PC with Asset UPnP server/BubbleUPnP app on Android tablet
AG1500 regenerator/StreamXSig->DAC XPSig(with PSX-R2)->Bryston 4BSST2->KEF Reference 3~2

sunbeamgls

Postby sunbeamgls » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:58 pm

I will be setting up a high end dealership on Ibiza. I will sell oodles of kit to the villa owning millionaires on the island then, in 5 years time will retire to a life of club, hifi, beach and music listening hedonism. I will travel across Europe to meet with the M Sport team as they run a Fiesta R5 in rally events of my choosing, funded by the ongoing success of the hifi shop with its new manager.

Or not.

Ives

Postby Ives » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:29 am

I have bought a DYI speakerkit, which still has to be assembled.
If I find the time I also would like to make a few difusers.
Maybe I will buy some more panels to acousticaly optimise my listening room.

And that will be it for 2018.

Apart from buying music of course.

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:51 pm

fantastic ives

you may have seen the frugals i have borrowed are diy speaker kit
you might like to see some of the history here

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/1250 ... -xl-build/
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit saga , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns

RichardLowe

Postby RichardLowe » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:04 pm

caine wrote:Still finishing my HiFi room just got to shorten some power cables move some move panels on the wall and fit panels on the ceiling. At some point do plan to change power amps and the front end.

My Yamaha DSP-Z7 is fugging around (just about to call Yamaha UK, they're techs are quite helpful). As a permanent solution I'm looking at Ncore amps on the 11 channels in a 7.sub(s).4 config. An 8 channel MP for Surround/Rear and .4 Ceiling speakers, either a NC500 stereo for the Fronts and a Mono for the Centre or all mono's across the front. A company in Cheltenham called Nord are doing some decent priced/configurable Hypex gear. Then just a matter of finding a decent AV pre supporting 11.subs with full support of ATMOS/DTS X codec's.

Crikey, that should heat the house nicely!

Not planning any hifi upgrades this year, but I believe the new version of the Primare Pre 60 / A60 might be released with new power modules, DAC and controller app. So, never say never! On the AV front a new 4K HDR 60/65" TV might sneak in.
(cd xt se > ml binary star i/c) + (NAS > LAN network) > primare pre60 > atlas hyper i/c > primare a60 > atlas hyper 2.0 > boenicke w11