Alternatives to cadence on Apple?

regarding Cyrus products and other hifi related threads
callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Alternatives to cadence on Apple?

Postby callen24 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:17 am

Mconnect player has been compared to bubble on android, there is a free version. Reviews are not a good guide because they seem to alternate between saying its "shite" and "most excellent".
I dont know the technical term but i understand that cadence pulls files to the stream x, while mconnect pushes them from the NAS. Is there any reason one should sound better?
Last edited by callen24 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand.
rega P3-24, psu, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, Project RCM

zippy
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Alternatives to cadence on Apple?

Postby zippy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:32 am

Not sure how Cadence works (I've heard it said that it works differently to most). Most apps 'push' data via the media software, to the StreamX.
I use Bubble UPnP instead of Cadence and it's better in many ways. I think there's an Apple version.
Win10 PC with Asset UPnP server/BubbleUPnP app on Android tablet
AG1500 regenerator/StreamXSig->DAC XPSig(with PSX-R2)->Bryston 4BSST2->KEF Reference 3~2

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:43 pm

zippy wrote:Not sure how Cadence works (I've heard it said that it works differently to most). Most apps 'push' data via the media software, to the StreamX.
I use Bubble UPnP instead of Cadence and it's better in many ways. I think there's an Apple version.

the reason i'm asking is that i don't believe there is an apple version of bubble
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand.

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:52 am

bump
Is no one an applista?

Hifihelp

Postby Hifihelp » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:54 pm

What are you trying to achieve callen out of interest.

gary66

Postby gary66 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:53 pm

Have you tried iPeng? Reasonable display and works well on Apple

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:23 pm

gary66 wrote:Have you tried iPeng? Reasonable display and works well on Apple

Wiil do

I want an app that I can do n app playlists.
otherwise a remote for my stream X"

Hifihelp

Postby Hifihelp » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:54 pm

I tried iPeng myself but it’s a Squeezebox Linux based app, so it won’t work and show up as a upnp media server for cyrus.

I tried the audionet apps on iPad and you can do playlists but I don’t know of others where you can intergrate tidal tracks or of other streaming sites like with bubble upnp on android. I think a lot of the apps limit the tracks unless you buy the full version.

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:13 pm

i have got mconnect, and intend to do back to back sound tests from my NAs.
Straight away there is something new. With cadence I can queue up an album, leaving it playing and close app. If I close mconnect, it disconnects. The ipad has many functions in my home, so this will take some getting use to.