CD Xt Signature running in time

regarding Cyrus products and other hifi related threads
Ives

Re: CD Xt Signature running in time

Postby Ives » Sun May 13, 2018 2:35 pm

Pandrew105 wrote:Hi all. Thanks for your comments. I'm definitely hearing differences in sound quality now I've had it running for a while. I'm convinced it is not 'in my head'. The sound seems to have 'come alive' some how. It has even been commented by 'er indoors (not known for audiophile tastes) that the sound quality has improved (commented independently of my opinions). Whether running in is a psychological effect or real phenomenon or not my experience would suggest the latter is the case. I suspect with lower cost components the effect is not as noticeable and the more up market/cost the effect is more significant.

In looking at possible DACs has anyone had any experience with the Rega DAC R?

Cheers

Nope. But when you are looking for a budget dac I can confirm that arcam irdac works well. Chord 2qute even better.

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Postby angelface » Mon May 14, 2018 1:40 pm

Hasselblad100 wrote:I play my cd Sig into a Naim DAC-V1 but the Naim has no analogue inputs so may not suit you.

Why does a DAC have to have analogue inputs (strangely mine does)? Analogue inputs are for the pre-amp (mine only has one pair!).
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7/VBL(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX300Sigs(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

Hasselblad100

Postby Hasselblad100 » Mon May 14, 2018 2:36 pm

I’m making the point because the DAC-V1 is also my pre-amp; of course you can have a separate pre-amp if desired.

Pandrew105
Five+

Postby Pandrew105 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:47 pm

Update from for this thread.......have patience in your new kit! Once 'burned in' it will be fab. The player was definitely sounding a little harsh initially but now its very sweet, detailed and refined. Plenty of depth and punch with a good recording (it does discriminate with sub optimal recordings, tho) - can't wait to try with a DAC.