Future upgrade beyond Dac XP Signature ?

regarding Cyrus products and other hifi related threads
Dac_attack
One+

Future upgrade beyond Dac XP Signature ?

Postby Dac_attack » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:51 am

Have Cyrus hinted at any upgrade to the Dac XP Signature? It's been about 5 years since the Signature came out.
I have a Dac XP Signature currently that was an upgrade from the Dac XP +. Will I be able to upgrade the Signature if such a Pre-Dac comes out in the future?
Many thanks

Lancashirelad

Re: Future upgrade beyond Dac XP Signature ?

Postby Lancashirelad » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:12 am

I recently asked Cyrus whether they were planning to upgrade the QX Dac Module as it has been around for years. The reply was that they had no plan to upgrade at the moment. Even when they do plan to upgrade a component this information is commercially sensitive because hinting that an upgrade is in the offing would inevitably affect sales of existing devices & reduce achievable prices. Asking the question will always get a non-committal reply, sadly.

zippy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby zippy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:11 am

This question gets raised from time to time.
The concensus seems to be that Cyrus will concentrate on their lower-mid range, such as the new Cyrus ONEHD, rather than make any changes to their top models.
Personally I suspect it will be some time before any change to the top range, and then it will be pretty drastic, such as change in the case style with more up-to-date graphics as well as internal changes.
Win10 PC with Asset UPnP server/BubbleUPnP app on Android tablet
AG1500 regenerator/StreamXSig->DAC XPSig(with PSX-R2)->Bryston 4BSST2->KEF Reference 3~2

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Postby angelface » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:51 am

I haven't compared them but I would have suggested going to a Bel canto DAC 3.7. Of course Bel Canto have just stopped making them.

I think Chord's sucess with their DACs is putting off other manufacturers trying to compete with them. Auralic have some products that combine streaming with (or without) DACs that might be Worth considering as an alternative to chord.

But you wanted a better Cyrus DAC..
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7VB(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

caine
Addicted
Addicted

Postby caine » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:05 pm

Depends on your budget ? What is the rest of your system ?
SBT (mod) > TAD D1000 mk.2 > Belles LA01 (gen2) > Marantz MA9S2 > Vivid Audio B1
Townshend rack/platforms, Coherent interconnects, DIY mains. Room Conditioning.

Ianmac

Postby Ianmac » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:18 pm

You might wait long enough on Cyrus upgrading and I agree with Zippy that any change should be drastic and a case style change is (in my book) essential- but that will upset a lot of people with racks full of shoeboxes.
There are a lot of better DACs out there and some excellent S/H buys from the likes of Bel Canto, Benchmark and other US manufacturers
Watch the EU reaction to Trump, I read Harley Davidson motorcycles are about to get an import duty surcharge - could that extend to Hi Fi electronics.
Might be a good time to consider S/H US gear.
Sytem 1.
Engineered SA-NMR Renderer (Ianmac PSU) :BelCanto CD-2: Technics 1200 (Ianmac Bearing + Ianmac PSU+Ianmac arm): DACT-Ianmac phono pre >Benchmark DAC2 HGC>2*Ianmac-Hypex NCore monos> ATCSCM40 : Ianmac filters
System 2
Engineered SA-NMR Renderer (Ianmac PSU) :Benchmark DAC1.Sony CDP D11 pro: 2*-Hypex Ncore monos: Kef ref1-2.
IMF's