what happened to Naim?

regarding Cyrus products and other hifi related threads
angelface
Addicted
Addicted

what happened to Naim?

Postby angelface » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:13 am

CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7/VBL(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

mickbald
Addicted
Addicted

Re: what happened to Naim?

Postby mickbald » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:08 pm

Haha interesting read.

Joe

Postby Joe » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:42 pm

He has a point. They seem to have given up on the higher end and are concentrating on "lifestyle" Hi-fi. The Soundkey seems to have been well received after a shaky start on Kickstarter.
Michell Gyro Dec, SME IV, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Project Phono Box RS + Power Box.
Aurender N100H, Chord Hugo TT.
Luxman L-590AX II, Dali Epicon 6.

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Postby angelface » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:42 am

If only Sevenoaks and Richer Sounds are selling Cyrus (with apologies to Fanthorpes, Moorgates etc)..
..Are there more dealers selling Cyrus than Naim?
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7/VBL(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

julianh
Addicted
Addicted

Postby julianh » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:53 am

angelface wrote:If only Sevenoaks and Richer Sounds are selling Cyrus (with apologies to Fanthorpes, Moorgates etc)..
..Are there more dealers selling Cyrus than Naim?

You can buy Naim Muso's almost everywhere these days.
Sources: Cyrus CDXT Signature, Cyrus Stream X Signature, Linn Sondek LP12 (Basik Plus, AT440MLa, Khan, Lingo 2, Trichord Dino Mk3 & Dino+)
DAC: Schiit Gungnir Multibit
Pre: Schiit Freya
Power: Hypex nCore NC400
Speakers: Focal 1008Be + BK XLS200
Cables etc: ML Cryo Ref, Kimber 8TC, IanMac filters, Black Ravioli Pads, VPI 16.5

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:09 pm

Joe wrote:He has a point. They seem to have given up on the higher end and are concentrating on "lifestyle" Hi-fi. The Soundkey seems to have been well received after a shaky start on Kickstarter.

i think their move into higher price stuff was a mistake
For me the legacy of cyrus should be making great sound available to people on modest incomes, along with their budget speakers
Having had my cyrus one amp stolen for the second time i went round the corner to the hifi shop to listen and buy the highly rated marantz amp of the day. I think the cyrus one had just been discontinued, but they had an ex dem cyrus 2 left which was £60 more than i could afford. I really was going to get that marantz, but extensive listening made me feel i was missing something. I got them to p,up in the cyrus 2 and the rest is history
I lived a meagre life for a month but i played most of my LPs while stAying in each night ( not usual for a student in the early 90s)
later on i got a a psx half price, that combo has kept hifi as a basic human need in my life ever since

I heard naim a few times, impressive, but it is not my thing

I suspect the current cyrus one, if you get it for £549, and add a basic record player is fab for those finding their way round secondhand record shops
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand.
rega P3-24, psu, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, Project RCM

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:48 pm

had a naim supernait 2 recently and was well impressed . very powerful and holographic, just a teeny weeny bit steely at times but it was good
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:24 am

callen24 wrote:
Joe wrote:He has a point. They seem to have given up on the higher end and are concentrating on "lifestyle" Hi-fi. The Soundkey seems to have been well received after a shaky start on Kickstarter.

i think their move into higher price stuff was a mistake
For me the legacy of cyrus should be making great sound available to people on modest incomes, along with their budget speakers
Having had my cyrus one amp stolen for the second time i went round the corner to the hifi shop to listen and buy the highly rated marantz amp of the day. I think the cyrus one had just been discontinued, but they had an ex dem cyrus 2 left which was £60 more than i could afford. I really was going to get that marantz, but extensive listening made me feel i was missing something. I got them to plug in the cyrus 2 and the rest is history
I lived a meagre life for a month but i played most of my LPs while stAying in each night ( not usual for a student in the early 90s)
later on i got a a psx half price, that combo has kept hifi as a basic human need in my life ever since

I heard naim a few times, impressive, but it is not my thing

I suspect the current cyrus one, if you get it for £549, and add a basic record player is fab for those finding their way round secondhand record shops
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand.
rega P3-24, psu, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, Project RCM