Addicted

Do you have a hifi bucket list?

Postby callen24 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:21 pm

I ve always wanted to hear one of these

https://2ndhandhifi.co.uk/product/audio ... amplifier/

Also a VTL I85
and a big Sugden integrated

how about other people?
Last edited by callen24 on Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand.
rega P3-24, psu, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, Project RCM

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Do you have a hifi bucket list?

Postby hifinutt » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:29 pm

gosh yes , my bucket list is huge !!!

arc ref 6 , are ref 75se etc

the graaf are good but not sure how easy to get repaired now
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns3] rotel , harbeth p3esr

Starwarsmike2422

Postby Starwarsmike2422 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:13 pm

Hi, good question....here I go

My bucket list....will need to wait till 2020/21 mind you.

Music

SOTM TX-USB Ultra
SOTM sCLK-OCX10 10 Mhz Master Clock
Tannoy ST300Mg Super Tweeter (Pair)
2 more Symposium Ultra platform
2 sets of Symposium Rollerblocks
2 Furutech Flux power conditioners

I’d buy 2nd if available at time

Home cinema (living room)

Velodyne DD-12
ASR Emitter Exclusive Blue II
HDPlex Case (fanless) + MCRU Linear PSU + HQPlayer Roon - SOTM Ultra - SOTM SPS 500
TAD D1000 DAC/CD
Sonus Faber Amati Speakers
Reference Fidelity Saturn RCA - Neotech NES-3001 + Furutech 201
Mains - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - MCRU Pinnacle (to P5) - Nanotech Strada 309 - Furutech NCF plugs
Symposium Ultra Platforms and Rollerblocks
GIK Acoustics

dan.s

Postby dan.s » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:06 am

Would love a NAP500 in the main system, and a NAC372.
As a second system, I would love something decent from Cyrus, definitely on a Hark 1:

8 Dac Qx
PSX-R2
Stream Sig / Naim UnitiQute

mickbald
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mickbald » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:40 pm

Lots more records. At a sensible price.

New dedicated laptop / music server to replace the ancient lump I've got at the moment which has a battery life of zero so dies every time I pull it out and the power lead comes out.

Otherwise I'm trying hard to be good.

julianh
Addicted
Addicted

Postby julianh » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:06 pm

I have always wanted to hear a top-end Sugden amp powering a pair of B&W 800 series speakers. As they stock both, maybe I need to ask Kipper if I can have a listen at Moorgate even though there’s no way I would spend that sort of money. You never know it might well be worth the 320 mile or so round trip from home.
Sources: Cyrus CDXT Signature, Cyrus Stream X Signature, Linn Sondek LP12 (Basik Plus, AT440MLa, Khan, Lingo 2, Trichord Dino Mk3 & Dino+)
DAC: Schiit Gungnir Multibit
Pre: Schiit Freya
Power: Hypex nCore NC400
Speakers: Focal 1008Be + BK XLS200
Cables etc: ML Cryo Ref, Kimber 8TC, IanMac filters, Black Ravioli Pads, VPI 16.5

gary66

Postby gary66 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:17 pm

Some high end electrostatics in the right room. Or some Pass Labs amps

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Postby angelface » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:38 am

Mono X300Sigs
Wilson Benesch Curves (or Vertex but I'll never afford them)
PS Audio Transport
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7/VBL(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

Joe

Postby Joe » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:32 pm

More Luxman.
Michell Gyro Dec, SME IV, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Project Phono Box RS + Power Box.
Aurender N100H, Chord Hugo TT.
Luxman L-590AX II, PMC Fact 12.

Czechchris
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Czechchris » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:15 pm

A bigger living-room to accommodate bigger Tannoys! Not going to happen, though.
ARC cd5>DCT 300>Primaluna Dialogue Premium Pre>Townshend Fractal f1 rca>PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Poweramps (mono)>Isolda>Tannoy Stirling SE + supertweets.  Raspberry pi with JRiver and usb hdd>Coax spdif>Wyred4Sound Dac2v2>Townshend F1 fractal>PL Dialogue Pre etc. .

"As long as you can boogie, you ain't too old." (Tarotplane)

RichardLowe

Postby RichardLowe » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:34 am

I'd love to hear my hifi in an acoustically perfect listening room so I know how good it could be, then have a team of experts treat my actual listening room to make it as close to the ideal as possible. Other than that, no real bucket list, just a continuing desire to hear better and better music reproduction, wherever that leads.
(NAS > LAN network) + (oppo 203 > ml binary star i/c) > primare pre60 > tellurium q black xlr > primare a60 > tellurium q black 2.0 > boenicke w11

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:33 pm

Czechchris wrote:A bigger living-room to accommodate bigger Tannoys! Not going to happen, though.

can`t you squeeze in some kensingtons then chris , surely they are not much bigger than yours ?
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns3] rotel , harbeth p3esr

Attonine

Postby Attonine » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:55 pm

The list is too long and constantly changing.

Recently I’ve been thinking about second (and third and fourth...) systems.
Sugden a21 with some ProAc. Never heard either, forums say they are a match made in heaven. I’d like to find out.
Leben 300 or 600, not sure about speakers, thought about Harbeth (which I like anyway), forums say Devore, but I think that would be a real stretch in the U.K., but it’s a bucket list right?

I’ve never heard Bryston or Krell and very little MacIntosh, so would like to give them a whirl. Luxman I know I like but would really like the chance to have a proper go.

Wilson Puppy speakers. Magico.....I always have time for Magico.
Quad ESL 57 is an apprpriate space, and some of the all time classic electronics, (like the Sugden above), by Quad, Leak etc.

I think I’d like the chance to hear more equipment in my environment. Shows are all very well, and give us the chance to hear some of the ludicrous and exotic bits and pieces, but would be nice to have a go with some of this at home In your own chair.
Auralic Aries; Chord Hugo TT; ATC SCM40A; Audeze LCD 2

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:15 pm

Attonine wrote:The list is too long and constantly changing.

Sugden a21 with some ProAc. Never heard either, forums say they are a match made in heaven. I’d like to find out.
Leben 300 or 600, not sure about speakers, thought about Harbeth (which I like anyway), forums say Devore, but I think that would be a real stretch in the U.K., but it’s a bucket list right?

I’ve never heard Bryston or Krell and very little MacIntosh, so would like to give them a whirl. Luxman I know I like but would really like the chance to have a proper go.

Quad ESL 57 is an apprpriate space, and some of the all time classic electronics, (like the Sugden above), by Quad, Leak etc.

I think I’d like the chance to hear more equipment in my environment. Shows are all very well, and give us the chance to hear some of the ludicrous and exotic bits and pieces, but would be nice to have a go with some of this at home In your own chair.

I belong to the proac facebook group and recently had a pair of 125 which were marvellous , there are some super bargains about . i did struggle with the bass with the 125 but eventually sorted it . they would be fab with sugden

We had a leben cs600 here not too long ago with my rienzi speakers and while it was good it was slightly harsh at times
i am told the 300 is good with harbeth p3esr

just sold my harbeth shl5plus which sounded amazing at a friends house but try as i might i could not get them to work for me in my 2 rooms , they do not like walls and so a demo in your room is essential . there is HUGE +++++ love for harbeths on FB and i recently got a pair of p3esr which are rather super

Heard the magico A3 this time last year and they were superb , its a great game this
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner

Attonine

Postby Attonine » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:38 pm

hifinutt wrote:
Attonine wrote:The list is too long and constantly changing.

I belong to the proac facebook group and recently had a pair of 125 which were marvellous , there are some super bargains about . i did struggle with the bass with the 125 but eventually sorted it . they would be fab with sugden

We had a leben cs600 here not too long ago with my rienzi speakers and while it was good it was slightly harsh at times
i am told the 300 is good with harbeth p3esr

just sold my harbeth shl5plus which sounded amazing at a friends house but try as i might i could not get them to work for me in my 2 rooms , they do not like walls and so a demo in your room is essential . there is HUGE +++++ love for harbeths on FB and i recently got a pair of p3esr which are rather super

Heard the magico A3 this time last year and they were superb , its a great game this

For the foreseeable future, and longer if the locals can keep a lid on the pressure cooker, I am working for an oil company in Libya, on a rotation basis. I have a lot of free time, and play this game often.

I want some kind of system out here. It has to fulfil two key criteria; be small/portable enough for me to get it out here, in 2 trips if necessary; be cheap enough that if militia decide to enter the camp and steal/smash everything (it has happened in the past), or I have to evacuate (again, it has happened in the past!) I can afford to lose it. So far everything I put together comes out closer to £1k than the “I don’t care if I lose it” price range. I would love an old, wooden framed Sugden and some ProAcs with peeling, water stained veneer. Let me know if you come across any : ).
Auralic Aries; Chord Hugo TT; ATC SCM40A; Audeze LCD 2