Streamer app help

regarding Cyrus products and other hifi related threads
shaneclare

Streamer app help

Postby shaneclare » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:56 pm

I have just resurrected my third system on a temporary basis, the heart of this is a Musical Fidelity M1 Clic streamer.

I have rigged everything up and the streamer is reading from my NAS drive without any problem, however there is an issue.

Musical Fidelity in their wisdom have not updated the control app and and it no longer works with the latest iPad software, consequently I contacted them and they told me to use the Project Audio Box control app.

This works but only just, the app is clunky, ugly and very unuser friendly, therefore I have tried to find an alternative but am struggling.

I tried 8 player but this only ever plays the first track of an album, others don’t work at all and as per the 8player others only play the first track.

Could it be I am I using these apps incorrectly or can someone recommend an alternative.

Thanks Shane
Main
Gyrodec SE, Original Live Silver mk11, Lehmann Black Cube, Benz Micro Glider and Stream Xa, DACxp Sig/PSXR, mono x 300 sig, xt400, Wilson Benesch Discoverys

2nd
Musical Fidelity M1 Clic, Chord Cobra, PP10 passive, Quad 909, Atlas Hyper, PMC FB1

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Streamer app help

Postby callen24 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:56 pm

does the Mconnect app work ?
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform
rega P3-24, psu, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano

shaneclare

Re: Streamer app help

Postby shaneclare » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:01 am

I tried mconnect lite, it found the nas and the clic but when I tried to play anything I just kept getting the message Invalid file location?
Main
Gyrodec SE, Original Live Silver mk11, Lehmann Black Cube, Benz Micro Glider and Stream Xa, DACxp Sig/PSXR, mono x 300 sig, xt400, Wilson Benesch Discoverys

2nd
Musical Fidelity M1 Clic, Chord Cobra, PP10 passive, Quad 909, Atlas Hyper, PMC FB1