Muse live

regarding Cyrus products and other hifi related threads
angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Muse live

Postby angelface » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:25 am

Last Friday we were in the Stade de France, not watching the Womens World Cup but being entertained with 60,000 other people by Muse.

Loads of special effects and great staging with dancers in bizarre costumes but the sound was also really great. Not so loud we came away with ringing in our ears but loud enough that we had really enjoyed the rock music.

I have always been wary of really big venues and I did use by binoculars to see the artists but a very enjoyable evening. Even SHMBO liked it!
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7/VBL(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Muse live

Postby hifinutt » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:36 pm

Glad you enjoyed them , never heard of them but sounds like you had a good time !!!
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
rotel cd /teac ud-ho1 , tannoy eaton legacy 2] arcam a75 , jolida modwright dac marantz sa8005 RFC impulse ta`us horns

jules

Postby jules » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:53 am

I've seen Muse live 3 times and they are an absolute tour-de-force power trio. Matt must be one of the most talented musicians in popular music, amazing guitarist, pianist and singer... makes you sick really ;D

Regarding sound levels - noise laws now, in the UK at least, mean that many outdoor shows are not loud at all. Obviously we've all been to gigs where the level is deafening and this is not welcome, however rock and roll needs to have a certain impact. Watching the Stone Roses in Manchester's Heaton Park (2012) you could easily talk to the person at the side of you... too quiet really ::)
Cyrus CD8x/PreVs2/Xpower -> Cyrus i/cs, 4TC, Oddy -> Leema Xone

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Postby angelface » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:02 pm

It wasn't quiet..

When I tried to say something to my wife she couldn't hear what I was saying (well that's her excuse anyway).

For those who love Genesis with Peter Gabriel, Muse is a bit modern I know but WE really enjoyed it.
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7/VBL(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

jules

Postby jules » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:11 am

angelface wrote:It wasn't quiet..

When I tried to say something to my wife she couldn't hear what I was saying (well that's her excuse anyway).

For those who love Genesis with Peter Gabriel, Muse is a bit modern I know but WE really enjoyed it.

Sounds good. PA technology mean sound quality can often be much better these days 8)
Cyrus CD8x/PreVs2/Xpower -> Cyrus i/cs, 4TC, Oddy -> Leema Xone

CharlieN
Five+

Postby CharlieN » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:56 pm

Good to hear that. I understand that sound engineering in a stadium is an absolute nightmare, particularly given that a lot of artists now like to promenade into the stadium to sing (which obviously brings them in front of the speakers). My only experience of a band in a stadium was Coldplay at Wembley about 3 years ago. I'd never been to a stadium concert before so went out of interest as much as anything. I thought the sound quality was pretty sensational, given the complexities.
Main system: [Audio] MonoX300, Spendor A9, Cyrus signature CD, DAC (with PSX-R2), streamer. [AV] Oppo205, Mono X300 + Spendor C5 (centre), MonoX300 + spendor (surround), Monitor Audio sub.

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Postby angelface » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:54 am

Most of the speakers were suspended well in front of the stage so the band could could walk to a small stage in the crowd via a walkway without being in front of the speakers.

This was my first experience of a stadium concert since the 1980s (Bon Jovi in Milton Keynes) but I might do it again!

I think the big difference now with sound is the use of in-ears rather than foldback speakers. Even our church uses this system for musicians and singers!

CharlieN
Five+

Postby CharlieN » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:20 pm

Yes, I think in ear must be much better. I used to play violin (acoustic) in a backing string section for various bands, and foldback through on-stage monitors took quite a bit of getting used to. I imagine the in-ear sound is still separately engineered to the stadium sound, but I'm sure things have moved on massively since my time over 20 years back!
Main system: [Audio] MonoX300, Spendor A9, Cyrus signature CD, DAC (with PSX-R2), streamer. [AV] Oppo205, Mono X300 + Spendor C5 (centre), MonoX300 + spendor (surround), Monitor Audio sub.

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Postby angelface » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:50 pm

CharlieN wrote: I imagine the in-ear sound is still separately engineered to the stadium sound

With modern digital desks, each in-ears can have a separate mix. Most people want themselves plus who they are following singers want tune, backing singers want lead singer etc.