PM - Subscription

regarding Cyrus products and other hifi related threads
Sonorflac
One+

PM - Subscription

Postby Sonorflac » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:25 am

I am new to this site and unsure if this is the correct forum to post this.

I paid the £10 subscription via paypal. The email contact detail on my PP account is different to that I used on this site and I am I am trying to contact the Administrator for confirmation that the payment is associated to me.

I cannot PM so I will appreciate any one's help with this.

The reason I joined this site is to hopefully pick brains on a route to replacing my existing set up of Cyrus gear with something that sounds as good but has a smaller footprint. Cyrus 8vs, CD8x, DAC X, FM 7.5 and 3 x PSX-R, and a Hark Rack + Wilson Benesch Square One spkrs. All acquired from Moorgate Acoustics 8/9 years ago. (Except the Rack)
I am not a technically proficient audiophile but someone with an interest in listening to Classical music with a system that is as clear and defined as possible.

Thank you

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Re: PM - Subscription

Postby angelface » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:17 pm

Try posting an advert in Private section. If it works your subscription worked!
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7/VBL(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX300Sigs(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

jules

Postby jules » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:46 pm

I suppose questions are:

1. Do you want to keep your speakers or change/upgrade?
2. What's the room size?
3. What's your budget?
4. Do you still want to play CDs are thinking of streaming?

8)
Cyrus CD8x/PreVs2/Xpower -> Cyrus i/cs, 4TC, Oddy -> Leema Xone

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:18 pm

assuming you keep the same speakers, there are a couple of options if you want to stay with cyrus

2 boxes
1. 8dac qxr and a Cdi - this doesn’t give you radio - but if you listen to cds i think you will be shocked what you hear compared with cd8x
2. 8 dac qxr and a stream sig ( or x2) - just get a Nas and get all your cds ripped - this gives you radio

both of these would give you a better version of what you are familiar with.

a potential different sound is the newer cyrus One HD, with a chrome cast audio connected by digital cable.
you could add an excellent cyrus d player to this, but it won’t be a style match.

You don’t say whether you want to play vinyl, so i assume not
cyrus stream X2, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform
rega RP6, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, sub-platter upgrade
Former owner of 20 Cyrus boxes

Ianmac
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Ianmac » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:48 pm

Welcome to the forum.
I would like to add to the list of questions that jules and callen asked

Do you want to stay with Cyrus ?

I note you want to reduce your footprint and you have 3 PSXR's which could be sold on if you buy gear that doesnt need additional power supplies
Sytem 1.
Engineered SA-NMR Renderer (Ianmac PSU) :BelCanto CD-2: Technics 1200 (Ianmac Bearing + Ianmac PSU+Ianmac arm): DACT-Ianmac phono pre >Benchmark DAC2 HGC>2*Ianmac-Hypex NCore monos> ATCSCM40 : Ianmac filters
System 2
Engineered SA-NMR Renderer (Ianmac PSU) :Topping D50 DAC.Sony CDP D11 pro: 2*-Hypex Ncore monos: Kef ref1-2.
IMF's

zippy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby zippy » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:16 am

The PSXR's don't have to be visible of course - I had mine for a while tucked away behind the hifi unit where they occupied empty space instead of their own shelf.. You may need to get some ridiculously expensive extension cables though..
Win10 PC with Asset UPnP server/BubbleUPnP app on Android tablet
AG1500 regenerator/StreamXSig->DAC XPSig(with PSX-R2)->Bryston 4BSST2->KEF Reference 3~2

Sonorflac
One+

Postby Sonorflac » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:00 am

angelface wrote:Try posting an advert in Private section. If it works your subscription worked!

Thank you for the tip. It has clarified the position.
I can read and reply to posts in the Private section but cannot post. I read the associated stickie. It suggests that my subscription has not been acknowledged. If it's a manual process then I can understand that it might take time to work through.
It's not an immediate concern although I can't PM Robert to check.

mickbald
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mickbald » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:31 am

@sonorflac,

I've pm'd Robert for you. He's very busy at the moment so bear with him.

Sonorflac
One+

Postby Sonorflac » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:00 am

Thank you Jules, cullen24, Ianmac and zippy,

I hope one reply is OK?
Jules,
I like the W Benesch speakers so I'm not planning to change. The room size is 6.5m x 4.25m but bookcases and windows restrict me to listening across the short side. A situation forced by a house move. I will consider streaming but the thought of uploading a sizeable number of CDs is daunting. Budget; I have no idea of the value of the existing kit or the cost of replacements until I check out the options. The orginal kit was a hefty kick to the exchequer and I'm sure that won't change.

cullen24,
I will follow up on your suggestions. I now live in rural Suffolk so amenities such as Moorgate Acoustics are in short supply. Norwich? Vynl? Not at this point.

Ianmac,

Open-minded about staying with Cyrus. The kit has performed well over a time.
PSXRs: I disconnected them to test if the difference was significant. The overall sound is smoother with better definition with the PSXRs than without.

zippy,

Hiding the PSXRs is an option. It might come down to this if she who holds the purse strings blanches at my plans.

Very many thanks to you All

Sonorflac
One+

Postby Sonorflac » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:01 am

mickbald wrote:@sonorflac,

I've pm'd Robert for you. He's very busy at the moment so bear with him.

Thank you.