are you on other hifi forums?

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Re: are you on other hifi forums?

Postby angelface » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:54 am

CU has been really useful especially early on. Most of those basic questions seem to be asked on a facebook group now.

I think forums are a bit dated now (like blogs), everything seems to be on twitter or instagram now..
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7/VBL(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX300Sigs(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:43 pm

angelface wrote:CU has been really useful especially early on. Most of those basic questions seem to be asked on a facebook group now.

I think forums are a bit dated now (like blogs), everything seems to be on twitter or instagram now..

so, are you on the cyrus fb page?
cyrus stream X2, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform
rega RP6, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, sub-platter upgrade
Former owner of 20 Cyrus boxes

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Postby angelface » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:57 pm

It is a closed group called Cyrus Audio - Tips & Discussions
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7/VBL(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX300Sigs(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:59 pm

angelface wrote:It is a closed group called Cyrus Audio - Tips & Discussions

official, or self selecting?
link?
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform

madaboutlawns

Postby madaboutlawns » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:49 pm

I don't do facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat and the likes.
I lost interest with social media not long after it started.

Now it seems like a lot of hassle I don't need to start getting interested in it all.
Cyrus Dac xp Sig, Stram x2 Sig, PSX-r2
Cyrus phono Sig, Psx-r2
2x Mono 300x Sig
Michell Gyrodec, RB600 arm + Goldring 1042
Dali Opticon 8
Power Supply, 9 250w DC solar panels into bank of 10 batteries then inverter to A/C

Czechchris
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Czechchris » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:05 pm

madaboutlawns wrote:I don't do facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat and the likes.

Now it seems like a lot of hassle I don't need to start getting interested in it all.

I'm with you! I have no interest in social media of that sort. There are snapchat groups in my congregation which I can see are helpful for sending group messages, but I'd rather get a text.
ARC cd5>Fractal f1 rca>Primaluna Dialogue Premium Pre>Townshend Fractal f1 rca>PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Poweramps (mono)>Isolda>Tannoy Stirling SE + supertweets.  Raspberry pi with JRiver and usb hdd>Coax spdif>Wyred4Sound Dac2v2>Townshend F1 fractal>PL Dialogue Pre etc. .

"As long as you can boogie, you ain't too old." (Tarotplane)

zippy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby zippy » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:48 am

madaboutlawns wrote:I don't do facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat and the likes.

Me too (maybe because I'm an oldie) - I generally don't go anywhere near social media and it looks to me not the same as having a discussion forum so I'd find it rather sad if CU faded away..
Win10 PC with Asset UPnP server/BubbleUPnP app on Android tablet
AG1500 regenerator/StreamXSig->DAC XPSig(with PSX-R2)->Bryston 4BSST2->KEF Reference 3~2

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:00 pm

not on cyrus FB group but on lots of others . the problem i find is there is often one person in charge and if they dont like you for some reason you just get evicted

i mentioned i liked MFA amps on one fb group with a very off leader and i was evicted as he didnt like the guys at mfa

also the same old stuff gets asked again and again , at least on forums you can search for stuff and resurrect old threads and research stuff
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
rotel cd /teac ud-ho1 , tannoy eaton legacy 2] arcam a75 , jolida modwright dac marantz sa8005 RFC impulse ta`us horns

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:57 pm

if one day CU doesn’t exist pink fish media seems a good place to migrate to?

Rune

Postby Rune » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:09 pm

IMHO FB does not work for me. I find it impossible to follow a thread. It is too easy to miss a post because it collapses the replies.
FB is unstructured, but I guess it really does not mater in which order you see cat videos.
Source: Asrock DeskMini i5-7600 as RoonCore, LakeWest MiniStreamer
DAC: Pro-Ject pre box S2 DAC
Integrated Amp: Gryphon Diable 300
Speakers: Dali Epicon 8
Cables: Isotek Evo3 Sigmas, ML Cryo Ref. XLR, Yannis RCA, Analysis plus big silver oval
AV: NAD 758 v3 (DiracLive), 5.1  B&W M-1, PV1D sub

mickbald
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mickbald » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:36 pm

For those of you not on the WAM, you will have missed 65 pages of discussion as to whether a Cat 5/6/7/ cable is better than a Cat 8 cable as an interconnect - sorry I can't remember just what was being connected.

It seems that, according to the OP.

1. If you have the best Linn system available.
2. And you have particularly sensitive hearing.
3. And you are very intelligent.

Then you if you cannot hear the different you are inferior to those who can.

65 pages - don't rush to read it!

Ianmac
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Ianmac » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:52 pm

Im not a fan of social media and simply dont use it.
In 2017 I got very heavily involved modding technics 1200's and used the Art of Sound forum Techiepedia Section.
2018 saw me out of action for most of the year due to illness. Returning to an almost normal life saw me return to A of S and promise to make bearings for the techie for those who wanted them when I was out of action only to find that the parts I needed from Technics were no longer available.
I always look into CU but notice the relative lack of activity. Frustrating when you dont get an email when someone sends you a PM.
Over the years Ive made many friends via CU and it would be sad to see it go
I use Art of Sound and Pink Fish Media and the same username, but dont post often
Last edited by Ianmac on Wed May 01, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sytem 1.
Engineered SA-NMR Renderer (Ianmac PSU) :BelCanto CD-2: Technics 1200 (Ianmac Bearing + Ianmac PSU+Ianmac arm): DACT-Ianmac phono pre >Benchmark DAC2 HGC>2*Ianmac-Hypex NCore monos> ATCSCM40 : Ianmac filters
System 2
Engineered SA-NMR Renderer (Ianmac PSU) :Topping D50 DAC.Sony CDP D11 pro: 2*-Hypex Ncore monos: Kef ref1-2.
IMF's

mickbald
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mickbald » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:06 pm

Yes, I've seen you on a few posts elsewhere Ian.

I tend to keep the same name too.

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Wed May 01, 2019 9:07 am

well hopefully cu will continue but its a lot quieter than it used to be
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
rotel cd /teac ud-ho1 , tannoy eaton legacy 2] arcam a75 , jolida modwright dac marantz sa8005 RFC impulse ta`us horns

MiniCoupeman

Postby MiniCoupeman » Wed May 01, 2019 2:08 pm

Shame and a pity. I will own up, I PP'd Robert 6 months or so ago and suggested a larger remit. This is a good, friendly forum which has elicited some excellent advice but Cyrus have lost the plot and as they wither so does this forum. Some excellent contributors have moved on from Cyrus gear and likewise moved on from here. The truth is there is now better, cheaper alternatives to most Cyrus gear and customer needs have changed. Streaming Amps with built in DAC's are not the stuff of cheap Chinese anymore. There is some seriously good kit out there. As for other forums. I visit 'Pig' and Wam and both have some good stuff but both are very 'busy'. This CC forum feels like a family or small business, by contrast the other forums feel like a shopping centre. Hope things change but without a wider remit I doubt they will.