Joe
Addicted
Addicted

Re: are you on other hifi forums?

Postby Joe » Wed May 01, 2019 4:35 pm

This is the sort of thing Cyrus are doing these days:
https://www.cyrusaudio.com/products/soundbuds/
No wonder its quiet.
Michell Gyro Dec, SME IV, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Project Phono Box RS + Power Box.
Aurender N100H, Chord Hugo TT.
Luxman L-590AX II, PMC Fact 12.

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Wed May 01, 2019 5:02 pm

Joe wrote:This is the sort of thing Cyrus are doing these days:
No wonder its quiet.

are these just a rebrand of somebody else’s product?
cyrus stream X2, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform
rega P3-24, psu, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano
Former owner of 20 Cyrus boxes

mickbald
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mickbald » Wed May 01, 2019 8:13 pm

Joe wrote:This is the sort of thing Cyrus are doing these days:
No wonder its quiet.

Oh dear!

The Far North

Postby The Far North » Thu May 02, 2019 9:17 am

I have CU as one of the tabs that automatically opens on Firefox (yes, I know that's bad), so I appear to be here a lot more than I actually am. pfm is where I spend most of my hifi related time, quite a bit of it in the "off topic" section, but also reading up the audio thoughts. I'm a member at the 'wam, and pop in maybe once a week if in the mood.

I think if there was a poll here on who sees themselves buying more Cyrus kit in the future, there might not be too many on new kit, but considerably more on secondhand. I've recently wondered whether it would be a reasonable move to sell my 8se2, Streamline v1, psx-r and Mono Xs and replace them with the Lyric Three on offer at Richer for £1499. 10% of that gets me the Richer 5 year warranty, so £1650 with none of the Cyrus nonsense of having to drop my kit off at my dealer for any work. Companies have business models that suit them, not necessarily their customers, and good sound can be had elsewhere.

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Thu May 02, 2019 9:38 am

quite a few go down the one box route after having lots of boxes . that said i would happily get cyrus again , especially after hearing the cyrus one HD at the bristol show which was very good sound indeed
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns3] rotel , harbeth p3esr

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Postby angelface » Thu May 02, 2019 11:12 am

I think blaming Cyrus for the lack of activity is perhaps a little hard. I applaud them for returning to their origins of good mid-range products such as their new Cyrus Ones. For turntable fans the Phono still gets rave reviews. For straming fans their range might need a new platform soon but the Stream X got good reviews when it came out.

I am hoping Cyrus stop making MonoX300 Signatures but only because they will be cheaper s/h!
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7/VBL(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Mon May 06, 2019 5:53 pm

if any of you fancy a post on a new little very friendly hi fi forum , then hifi rehab is worth joining as well as staying on CU

https://www.hifirehab.com/
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns3] rotel , harbeth p3esr