Stereo 200 turning off at volume, more power? x300 sig?

regarding Cyrus products and other hifi related threads
madaboutlawns

Re: Stereo 200 turning off at volume, more power? x300 sig?

Postby madaboutlawns » Fri May 11, 2018 9:43 pm

Cranked it up today, plenty of thump.
If anything it may be a little too loud.

Midnite

Postby Midnite » Sat May 12, 2018 7:18 am

I’ve really enjoyed reading this thread. The journey from “I want LOUD!!” To going with your gut and getting a sig set up and being blown away by it’s sound stage and musicality and not needing loudness to get detail.

Really glad it’s turned out so well for you.

I like a good crank up on volume as much as the next person but I live in a semi detached house so can only do it when then neighbour is away. He puts up with enough from me as it is ha! But what I do like about the dac xp and x300 set up is the level of detail at a lower level so I get enjoyment and don’t get an angry neighbour.

madaboutlawns

Postby madaboutlawns » Sat May 12, 2018 8:14 am

Yes, all my boxes have been ticked.
And I’m enjoying listening at lower volumes.
At one point, I thought that my Onkyo with a 5.1.2 Dolby atoms set up, using Dali zensor 7’s and 1’s with a sub sounded better than the opticion 8’s and stereo 200, especially when I had the music playing in Dolby surround.
Until I played Phil Collins in the air tonight on both systems.
The onkyo made a lot crunching and just couldn’t keep it all together when the drums started.
When the stereo 200 played it all the way through with clarity.
This brought me back on track and told me that a good stereo system was the was to go.
That’s when I bought the dac xp S and the x300s

Just when you thought it was all over and my wife could finally get some peace from me reading reviews and constantly scouring the internet and eBay.
As I’m getting used to now, it’s created another itch.
I’m now looking for a stream x dig at decent money, a psx-r2 x2, a sig phono stage and tri-arbour stand.
Also I may consider adding a second pair of x300s, but that’s going to be a lot later on.

Midnite

Postby Midnite » Sat May 12, 2018 8:53 am

Yeah a good improvement to your already fantastic set up will be to PSX-R2 the Dac XP sig. the power supplies make a massive difference in my opinion. Even greater clarity and sound stage. I’m really into my streaming and high res music when not playing vinyl. So my adventure is improving down that avenue. Learned a lot from these guys here too with regards that path.

I’ve stayed away from the Cyrus streamer as highlighted on other threads. It seems limited in its formats. The fact you have to send it away for firmware upgrades etc turn me off as well as it’s app is very basic.
I’ve really got into Roon and Tidal and would ideally like a “Roon ready” streamer. As I’ve invested into that piece of software to run my music library.

Just really pleased for you buddy. Seems like you’ve had a lot of fun debating what to do and where to go with your system and it’s great your punt as it were has given you exactly what you wanted.

What would you plan to do with the extra X300’s might I ask? You still feel you need more power?

madaboutlawns

Postby madaboutlawns » Sat May 12, 2018 8:41 pm

Only question now is,
What to do with the stereo 200?
I’m listening to tidal a lot.

I’m in no rush for another pair of x300s.

Should I try it in a bi-amp setup with the x300s and if so, should I use it for high or low frequencies?

Should I box it up try sell it, on here or on eBay?

Should I put it with my cxn streamer and add a pair of speakers to it like a pair of mission 753 freedoms from eBay and use it as a second system ( not really got anywhere for it) unless I donate it to my 5 year old lad. He might appreciate it in 10 or 20 years.
I can just imagine the turn it down conversations we might have when he becomes a teenager.

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:21 am

You could just sit bak and enjoy it for 6 months?
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand.
rega P3-24, psu, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, Project RCM

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Postby angelface » Mon May 14, 2018 10:55 am

madaboutlawns wrote:Only question now is,
What to do with the stereo 200?
I’m listening to tidal a lot.

I’m in no rush for another pair of x300s.

Should I try it in a bi-amp setup with the x300s and if so, should I use it for high or low frequencies?

Should I box it up try sell it, on here or on eBay?

Should I put it with my cxn streamer and add a pair of speakers to it like a pair of mission 753 freedoms from eBay and use it as a second system ( not really got anywhere for it) unless I donate it to my 5 year old lad. He might appreciate it in 10 or 20 years.
I can just imagine the turn it down conversations we might have when he becomes a teenager.

I would sell the stereo 200 here or on hifi for sale. It is new enough that you should get a good price. Use eBay to get an idea of what price to ask.

I only got a second system (for the TV) when my daughter married and I moved my hi-fi into her old bedroom. Silver boxes go well with pink hearts on the walls!
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7VB(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

zippy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby zippy » Mon May 14, 2018 11:36 am

madaboutlawns wrote:... unless I donate it to my 5 year old lad. He might appreciate it in 10 or 20 years....

Probably by then all teenagers will have brain implants that allows them to listen to anything (except parents) with no fancy equipment.
Win10 PC with Asset UPnP server/BubbleUPnP app on Android tablet
AG1500 regenerator/StreamXSig->DAC XPSig(with PSX-R2)->Bryston 4BSST2->KEF Reference 3~2

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Postby angelface » Mon May 14, 2018 1:09 pm

zippy wrote:
madaboutlawns wrote:... unless I donate it to my 5 year old lad. He might appreciate it in 10 or 20 years....

Probably by then all teenagers will have brain implants that allows them to listen to anything (except parents) with no fancy equipment.

I thought they already did. Sorry I forgot they need endless supplies of cheap in-ear headphones..
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7VB(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

madaboutlawns

Postby madaboutlawns » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:15 pm

The only thing I haven't got is the cdxt signature.

Do know whether I need it with having the streamer.
I'm enjoying listening to vinyl, I can feel a a cd revival taking place from reading a lot of press publications.
But surely hunting rare cd's isn't the same hunting out vinyl?
or is it?

Is it worth buying the cdxt?

zippy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby zippy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:10 am

I don't see any point in having both streaming and CD. That's costing you more money for no real benefit.
(and to my ears streaming at 16/44 gives the same quality as a CD)

I confined my CD's to storage boxes after ripping them.
Mind you I also sold my LP12 as I couldn't see the point in also having a record deck !
Win10 PC with Asset UPnP server/BubbleUPnP app on Android tablet
AG1500 regenerator/StreamXSig->DAC XPSig(with PSX-R2)->Bryston 4BSST2->KEF Reference 3~2

madaboutlawns

Postby madaboutlawns » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:39 am

I don't really own any cd's and everything might want to listen to will be on Tidal.

If it's something I'm really interested in then I'd probably prefer to buy it on vinyl.
I think buying the cd player is just to add the finishing touches to a matching system other than actually wanting to listen to it.

So, I'll keep an eye out for an absolute bargain, but I'm not going to rush out to find one.

Thanks for the reply.

caine
Addicted
Addicted

Postby caine » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:03 pm

Really depends on the CDP, DAC and streamer as too results.
SBT (mod) > TAD D1000 mk.2 > Belles LA01 (gen2) > Marantz MA9S2 > Vivid Audio B1
Townshend rack/platforms, Coherent interconnects, DIY mains. Room Conditioning.

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Postby angelface » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:45 pm

madaboutlawns wrote:So, I'll keep an eye out for an absolute bargain, but I'm not going to rush out to find one.

There are plenty of cdp bargains out there but please leave the absolute bargains to the CD fans like me.

phlppip
Addicted
Addicted

Postby phlppip » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:27 am

The CD Signature is a fantastic bit of kit one of the best sounding CD players that I have had the pleasure of listening to.