Mountains system

What's your system?
erri

Mountains system

Postby erri » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:32 am

I have finally managed to arrange a small wife & kids free space in my house in the mountains to place my second system.

Brand loyalty in the years...I have also found an Hark stand...that in Italy is like finding the holy graal...

At the moment it's an 8vs2 with psxr and tidal via iphone + soundkey as a source; totem dreamcatcher as speakers. After the first listening sessions I am pretty amazed of the result. Speakers are 1,7 distant and I am listening at 2.4m from them. There is not much I can do for the glass floor section....carpet is a no go...as the window works also for the lower floors.

During my holiday break (which starts tomorrow :) ) I will be playing with the monox of the first system and varoius DACs (stream xp2qx and the hiface evo two +) with some hi-res files...maybe will bring up there also some other cables. I may have a pair of totem model 1 signature to demo, but I am pretty sure they will be too big for the area.

I am also checking whether I can move the radiator from there....but do not tell my wife...

Ciao

Enrico
Attachments
mount2 (2).jpg
mount2 (2).jpg (92.2 KiB) Viewed 1195 times
mountain.jpg
mountain.jpg (85.98 KiB) Viewed 1195 times

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Mountains system

Postby angelface » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:01 pm

Well done..

I think you must be the only person here with speaker stands on glass! Radiator is not so bad for sound diffusion. I would put a sound panel behind speakers though.
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7/VBL(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

jules

Postby jules » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:23 pm

Very nice. 8vs2 is a great amp and it's easy to forget how a good, simple, well set up system can sound. ;)
Cyrus CD8x/PreVs2/Xpower -> Cyrus i/cs, 4TC, Oddy -> Leema Xone

erri

Postby erri » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:01 pm

I did not have the time to put speakers on spikes and aluminum supports. At the moment the stands arr actually on rubber and then glass...it takes time...

My only sad note is the colour...for some strange reason I ended up with a silver system...one I had 12 black boxes...I cannot even remember how the swap turned out...

Still a couple of balck boxes though...

E

RichardLowe

Postby RichardLowe » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:15 am

Very nice system to have in your holiday home. Despite being silver! :D

Out of interest which mountain range is it in?
(NAS > LAN network) + (oppo 203 > ml binary star i/c) > primare pre60 > tellurium q black xlr > primare a60 > tellurium q black 2.0 > boenicke w11

erri

Postby erri » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:17 am

The place is Gressoney area, Valle d’Aosta...just one and half hour drive from home...last year was “the year”...66 days of skiing...I felt almost guilty at the end of season..what can I say...I did it for the kids...

RichardLowe

Postby RichardLowe » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:56 am

We've had snowboarding holidays in Selva Val Gardena and Campitello in the Dolomites 4 out of the last 5 years. Absolutely beautiful part of the World, and great boarding. We're off to Canada for 2019 but we were planning a visit to Valle d’Aosta for possibly 2020. I'm very jealous of 66 days on the slopes...
(NAS > LAN network) + (oppo 203 > ml binary star i/c) > primare pre60 > tellurium q black xlr > primare a60 > tellurium q black 2.0 > boenicke w11

erri

Postby erri » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:57 pm

Before going off topic...although I am not a snowborder....MonteRosaSki is the place to be, Alagna or Gressoney.

If 2020 is the year, try to be around in feb-march and send me a PM, I can give you a lot of suggestions

E

RichardLowe

Postby RichardLowe » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:28 am

erri wrote:Before going off topic...although I am not a snowborder....MonteRosaSki is the place to be, Alagna or Gressoney.

If 2020 is the year, try to be around in feb-march and send me a PM, I can give you a lot of suggestions

E

Yes its the Monte Rosa ski area we're looking at. We have friends who have been to Gressoney and love it there. Thank you for the offer of suggestions, I'll try to remember to ask nearer the time. Apologies for de-railing the thread!

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:45 pm

amazing , we went to selva val gardenia in the dolomites 2 years ago , just got back from trekking over Italy and switzeland by train .... thanks for sharing your system
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns