Rotel RT-1570 and general Internet Radio Questions

post questions / problems regarding Cyrus kit here, or any other queries of a tech nature.
jscyrus

Rotel RT-1570 and general Internet Radio Questions

Postby jscyrus » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:50 am

I have come by a Rotel Tuner the RT-1570

This is DAB/DAB+ FM and Internet Radio plus can act as a streamer

This was an opportunist acquisition at very little cost with the main objective of being able to have Internet Radio stations (without PC) and possibly use as a streamer too

I am a little unfamiliar with internet radio and the various options however

The Rotel website lets you set up favourite stations, Podcasts and streams

Radio stations I am fine with - I can search them pick my station, bitrate preferred format etc

With streams however it asks me to enter a stream url - not sure I understand what this is aimed at - how do I find streams and how do they differ from Internet radio stations?

Podcasts - these come up under some radio stations on the Internet Radio tuner (on the device) haven't explored these yet but I assume they will be accessed similarly to my Roberts bedside radio

On the Rotel Website it is possible to configure podcasts - but again like the streams it asks for Feed name and URL - where do I find these?

These may seem like naive questions and yes I have googled around already but not really found the answers

hopefully someone can point me in the right direction

Thanks

J

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Rotel RT-1570 and general Internet Radio Questions

Postby callen24 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:18 am

cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, Mono X300,  VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand.
rega P3-24, psu, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, Project RCM

jscyrus

Re: Rotel RT-1570 and general Internet Radio Questions

Postby jscyrus » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:01 am

Hi - yes - thanks it will be useful but I'm still very woolly on my understanding

As above on the webstite (Rotel) associated with the Tuner I can select radio stations based on Genre etc etc very much in the way I would select them from Tunein on my phone

In addition I have the option to add radio streams - I assume that if I use the streams in your post then I can add Radio streaming that way too - but I still don't understand whether there is any difference in the end result. I guess the advantage is solely that I can add stations that are not in Rotel's list.

As far as podcasts urls go I normally access them either via a podcast app on my phone or via BBC Radio Iplayer or similar so not sure how I would use URL to add them to the radio and whether that would show me the different episodes etc when I select on the radio.
Cyrus DAC XP Sig, PSX-R,CDXT Sig,FMX,2x Mono 300 Sig, Rotel RT-1570 Tuner, Dynaudio Contour 1.3 MkII Speakers