Streamer network advice please

post questions / problems regarding Cyrus kit here, or any other queries of a tech nature.
BigFatGaz

Streamer network advice please

Postby BigFatGaz » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:49 pm

Hi All,

I've recently picked up a Stream XP2 Qx. I've had a few difficulties with it but the one that's puzzling me the most is what it sees of my music library.
I had a ReadyNAS containing my wav files on network. Having connected by wired connection, my Stream only sees 69 folders of the 247 on the NAS. I've tried a factory reset but it still sees only the same number of folders.

Is there a limit to what the Stream can see? Is there a different way of resetting the Stream to research?

many thanks

Gaz
CDt | Stream XP2 Qx | PSX-R | Twin X Powers | KEF 107/2 with KUBE | Chromecast via Toslink

zippy
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Streamer network advice please

Postby zippy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:23 pm

There's no limit that I know of.
I venture to suggest that it's not a shortcoming of the streamer. Streamers usually only 'see' what its given to them by the streaming software, so it's more likely I think to be the streaming software you're using on your NAS.

When you say it only sees 69 folders, do you mean the Cadence (or other) app sees them?
Win10 PC with Asset UPnP server/BubbleUPnP app on Android tablet
AG1500 regenerator/StreamXSig->DAC XPSig(with PSX-R2)->Bryston 4BSST2->KEF Reference 3~2

BigFatGaz

Postby BigFatGaz » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:36 pm

It has an N remote and I've used cadence. In both cases it shows folders up to the letter F in the library. G onwards are missing so both remote and app scroll back to numbers to start again.
Interesting what you say about the streamers seeing what is served up to them, I'd better dig about in the readynas to make sure there's no issues there.
CDt | Stream XP2 Qx | PSX-R | Twin X Powers | KEF 107/2 with KUBE | Chromecast via Toslink

Hifihelp

Postby Hifihelp » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:14 pm

It doesn’t seem like a problem with the streamer but could it be an issue with the folder the streamer is guided towards. Maybe the source directory was changed between rips or its defaulted to a different folder, hence only up to a certain letter as you say. That would be my guess.

caine
Addicted
Addicted

Postby caine » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:59 pm

Are all the files the same type i.e. FLAC ? Are they all created the same way or do you have a mix of sources of the original content ? If the unit is seeing 69 folders then its probably seeing 700 files + folder image(s); then missing another 178 folders. Either its a coding related issue either with file / folder syntax, is the Stream checking with the internet for referencing images ? Maybe delete the 70th album off the NAS to see if it then reads /index past. Maybe corruption readable by other devices; but not the Stream.

I've seen something similar in my car, but I know exactly why. The car media index system will only deal with 10,000 files. The HDD has over 30K of music files; and it excludes everything after the first 10K of read / index files.
SBT (mod) >7d coax> TAD D1000 mk.2 >5d> Belles LA01 (gen2) >5d> Marantz MA9S2 >4d> Vivid Audio B1
Townshend rack/platforms, Coherent interconnects, DIY mains. Room Conditioning.

BigFatGaz

Postby BigFatGaz » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:20 pm

Thanks guys.
The folder hasn't changed but it's permissions may have as I went through the settings to establish what was happening.
My files are either FLAC 1411kbps or Wav 1411kbps. In almost all cases they are ripped from my CD's via EAC.

I'm inclined to think that there must be an issue with the folder whether permissions or the NAS in general. I backed up the folder itself to another folder on the same NAS. As a result ALL of the folders became visible - within the new folder. Outside of the new folder, only up to F. The fact that I can see all of the folders in the new backup precludes the limit that could have been a possibility.

My next move may well be a reset to factory of the NAS and drives to eliminate any issues of my fiddling. That way I can eliminate permissions as they will be set to default in the following rebuild.