Audio Bizerka's Only Please

What's your system?
caine
Addicted
Addicted

Audio Bizerka's Only Please

Postby caine » Thu May 18, 2017 7:32 pm

System was boxed up for two years .... Not quite complete, but nearly there.

Same system, but a very different room. What your looking at is a dedicated listening room that has a ceiling with a 44db of separation (does not stop the bass travelling up the walls when the system is getting beasted) from the house above. The system is on its own electrics wired direct from 100A electricty board supply with its dedicated earth rod. Each power amp is on its own fuse and the source(s) + pre-amp are running on the other within the consumer unit. Still got to sort out some absorption panels in the ceiling to stop 1st / 2nd reflection points and slap echo, etc.

Off to Munich Hi-End to have a sniff around some possible replacement hardware in the future

If your wondering what is on the walls, absorption panels with and without scatter plates, tri-traps with and without scatter plates. When doing the room, ceiling, wall, sound traps around door, and acoustic sealing gaps, etc. I mistakenly sound proofed the room into a resonance nightmare. Bass was stuck low on the front wall with no punch at all and got considerably worse with volume to the point it felt like the house was going to come down or at least a ceiling which weighs close to 3/4 ton. After quite a lot of research into room acoustics and a decent investment into the panels (earned a ROOM CONTROL FREAK sticker) quite happy. The system can hit like frank bruno with dynamics which scale from nothingness to pinning against the chair, combined with delicate texturing, vocals are stunning. This is not the end, but just the beginning....

RichardLowe

Re: Audio Bizerka's Only Please

Postby RichardLowe » Fri May 19, 2017 4:49 pm

Good to have you back Caine. Many of us, I'm sure, dream of doing exactly what you've done and getting a dedicated listening room, complete with room treatment. Did you get anyone in to do consultancy/measurements or did you do this as a personal project? I would love to hear the system in full swing. Enjoy Munich, hope the shopping goes well...
(cd xt se > ml binary star i/c) + (NAS > LAN network) > primare pre60 > atlas hyper i/c > primare a60 > atlas hyper 2.0 > boenicke w11

crimsondonkey
Addicted
Addicted

Postby crimsondonkey » Fri May 19, 2017 7:49 pm

Meh, needs a turntable ::)

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Postby angelface » Sat May 20, 2017 6:41 am

Welcome back. My dedicated room only has 3 panels!
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7VB(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

caine
Addicted
Addicted

Postby caine » Fri May 26, 2017 2:34 pm

RichardLowe wrote:Good to have you back Caine. Many of us, I'm sure, dream of doing exactly what you've done and getting a dedicated listening room, complete with room treatment. Did you get anyone in to do consultancy/measurements or did you do this as a personal project? I would love to hear the system in full swing. Enjoy Munich, hope the shopping goes well...

Did not go to far. This was not a designed and built listening room like Herr Chick's efforts. It already existed as an L shaped partially subterranean room which I cut in two using the longer rectangular room then sorted out dedicated mains, ceiling, etc. Did it myself with lots of reading and experimentation and email assistance from the vendor whom I bought the panelling from. Its a mind field trying to get your head around solutions with theory and lack of practical application. Not cheap, and if ever get CU'rs to the house it can all be taking down in about 10 minutes to show you had bad a room that should sound great due to the sound proofing can do to bass resonance. A lesson in acoustics.

crimsondonkey wrote:Meh, needs a turntable

I'm going get one I promise. Not sure where to start, but on the cards when some cash is available.

angelface wrote:Welcome back. My dedicated room only has 3 panels!

Cheers. Depends on how much space you have and what sort of problems you are having with the sound ?
The tri-traps are awesome. Seen a lot of other manufacturers Acoustic treatment solutions at Munich, some far better than others.