hammonds autumn statement

off topic
hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

hammonds autumn statement

Postby hifinutt » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:38 pm

well , have you had time to reflect on the statement yet ? is it good news for you ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38081214

very bad news that insurance premium going up . our kids have enough trouble affording car insurance and that's a nail in the coffin .

abolishing letting fees is a disaster

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/a ... 02911.html

rents are all going up as it is and they keep on bashing the landlords with extra costs . with all the new tax rises pretty soon there will be a big effect on the market . shelter says its a good thing but people NEED somewhere to live
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns

realoldfart
Addicted
Addicted

Re: hammonds autumn statement

Postby realoldfart » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:21 pm

*ll*cks
Now looka here...
I did not say I was a millionaire...
But I said I have spent more money than a millionaire!
Cause if I had kept all my money that I'd already spent,
I would've been a millionaire a looong time ago...
Lyrics taken from <a href="http://www.elyrics.net/read/h/howlin_-wolf-lyrics/goin

GeeGee

Postby GeeGee » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:34 pm

What ROF said!

It's got nothing to do with landlords, it is pure greed from the letting agents.

My son had to rent a house in Stevenage for his undergrad placement, with two other students. The letting agent charged him £700 to actually get the house, then when the contract finished after a year , £200 to just give him his bond deposit back, I was furious, the house was spotless and undamaged, but it was in the contract he signed so no way out. Pure extortion for doing nothing. And they charge the landlord 15%-20% of the rent too, so they win both ways.

There'll be a few less BMWs bought next year.

crimsondonkey
Addicted
Addicted

Postby crimsondonkey » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:03 am

Letting agents are parasites and add little value and charge extortionate fees for bugger all.  I'll be happy to see them go to the wall.
[size=x-small][font=Verdana]' I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm...'
Sources:           Acoustic Solid MPX;  DDDAC 1794
Amplifier:          Leben CS600
Loudspeakers:   Impulse Ta'us (modded) horns

AV8
Addicted
Addicted

Postby AV8 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:15 pm

[quote="crimsondonkey"]
Letting agents are parasites and add little value and charge extortionate fees for bugger all.  I'll be happy to see them go to the wall.
[/quote]

+1

I had to legally threaten one a few years back when he declared that the cleanliness standard of the rented property my daughter had vacated was not good enough. I asked for his declared standards policy & when he said that he had only his own thoughts on cleanliness to go by, also that he had the money & there was nothing I could do, I served a claim against him & was booking £135 a day loss of earnings for everyday it dragged on.

He soon paid up.

fixitagis
Addicted
Addicted

Postby fixitagis » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:31 pm

We should all know by now economists never make predictions that are anywhere near being right.  The bigger the issue, the worse the accuracy of their forecasts.

What is for sure though, politicians take any excuse to raise taxes and increase their control
Technics Sony Marantz Chord Leak Sugden Monitor Audio

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:25 pm

yes and increasing ipt is a right pain !! especially if you have to pay thousands for car insurance etc like our young folks have to
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns