new car tax changes

off topic
hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

new car tax changes

Postby hifinutt » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:46 pm

well i am sure you all know more than I do about the new car tax . seems a 5.0 litre gas guzzling mustang will pay 140 quid a year , same as a fiesta .

good news if you want a mustang :) !!!
seems a bit unfair but I suppose treasury revenue was decreasing under c02 regime
modwright 36.5 dual mono
msb s200 power amp
bel canto 3.5vbs/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd /cd8x-psxr, sigmas conditioning
verity audio Rienzi cabling
analysis plus/chord epic //Townshend /acoustic zen

crimsondonkey
Addicted
Addicted

Re: new car tax changes

Postby crimsondonkey » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:10 pm

But you'll pay far more tax on the Mustang at the pump doing the equivalent miles.

zippy

Postby zippy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:18 am

My understanding is:

You pay an up-front/one-off tax when you buy a new car, the amount dependent on their 'polluting level'
After that there is a generic £140 p.a. for most cars except for cars costing over £40,000 - they will pay a supplement for the first 5 years.

I don't fully understand why hybrids are now to be treated the same for annual tax, although they will have a smaller up-front payment.
There seems to me to be a regular change of mind among the powers that be - for many years they've been encouraging the use of diesel cars, whereas now diesel is berated.
Win10 PC with Asset UPnP server/BubbleUPnP app on Android tablet
AG1500 regenerator/StreamXSig->DAC XPSig(with PSX-R2)->Bryston 4BSST2->KEF Reference 3~2

jimmerz50

Postby jimmerz50 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:36 am

Sounds like the car lobby has won out there - the rest of the world is heading the other way guys. higher VRT and annual tax for higher polluting vehicles. Sounds like you are heading for car industry friendly policy there.. oh no!

Return to “The Park Bench”