general election 2017

off topic
hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

general election 2017

Postby hifinutt » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:36 pm

well no doubt the savvy amongst you guessed this was coming . but I was a bit shocked I must say . we are just getting ready to vote on a new mayor on may 4
modwright 36.5 dual mono
msb s200 power amp
bel canto 3.5vbs/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd /Marantz sacd, sigmas conditioning
verity audio Rienzi speakers , cabling
rfc /chord epic //Townshend /acoustic zen

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Re: general election 2017

Postby callen24 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:10 pm

call me cynical, but since the EU referendum it seems that there has been much rhetoric, and making announcements based on what they think people want to hear.
I suspect they think an election in 2 years time will find people much better informed on what "brexit" will actually look like, rather than what they are being led to believe now. At a time when we just dont know.
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, Baby classicMk3, Mono X300,  VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand.
rega P3-24, psu, elys2, Clearaudio nano

paranoid android

Postby paranoid android » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:46 pm

No not cynical. With the amount of EU nurses and doctors leaving the NHS and not being replaced, the NHS will come to breaking point. Inflation will bite in the next 2 years but wages won't compensate. Consumers spending is slowing now they've maxed out their loans and/ or savings. It has dawned on our amateur politicians that leaving the EU isn't a 2 year process but more a 5 to 10 year one to conclude and yes it won't be as good as the cake and eat it as promised.
So calling it now will give her a mandate for 5 years with an increased majority and can tell the opposition to shut up, the will of the people etc.
If Labour got its act together and removed Corbyn, it could all backfire but Momentum aren't interested in winning an election.
They can also put through their tax rises on the self employed whilst not sorting the problem of the Ubers etc.
She has joined the Leavers in having lied to the electorate having said she wouldn't hold a snap election.
One has to ask why she triggered Art 50 when she did as she knew that the EU had up and coming elections and would be otherwise engaged. So a waste of several months they will have to canvas for the UK Election.
Well at least we should see the back of Corbyn in 2months time and hopefully the Kippers.

mickbald

Postby mickbald » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:05 pm

I think it will boil down to one point. Like it or not we are leaving the EU. But..............

Do you believe Corbyn, McDonald, Abbot, Thornbury etc. are capable of negotiating a good deal with Europe?

Nah!

jules

Postby jules » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:28 am

I speak to a lot of people who have never voted Tory in the past and I hear things like "she's doing a good job" or "no-nonsense leader" so she must be doing something right. I wonder what Gordon Brown is thinking.... ;)
Cyrus CD8x/PreVs2/Xpower -> Cyrus i/cs, 4TC, Oddy -> Leema Xone

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:19 am

well just applied for a new mortgage deal and i must admit that 5 year deal was tempting ! because if corbyn ever got in i am sure interest rates would rise fast !

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/econ ... -like.html
modwright 36.5 dual mono
msb s200 power amp

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Postby angelface » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:42 am

I am sure Corbyn would not be half as bad as the Tory press make out.

I think the liberals might do well as the soft/anti Brexit party.

Even Teresa is better then the choice we have in France between

Le Pen : no immigration
Fillion : expenses scandal makes duck houses look fashionable
Macron : never been elected before
Mélenchon : 90% tax for rich people, 32hour week, retuirement at 60 and cannot fire people if company is making profit(not that many French companies will be making a profit!)
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7VB(Atlas Navigator)BC Pre3VB(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:49 am

mickbald wrote:I think it will boil down to one point. Like it or not we are leaving the EU. But..............

Do you believe Corbyn, McDonald, Abbot, Thornbury etc. are capable of negotiating a good deal with Europe?

Nah!

I'm not sure it is a matter of negotiating a deal, surely it is in the hands of the EU, when it comes to what the EU offer. If you dig below the headlines the economic policy of Corbyn is pretty mainstream in frnce and Germany, investment and planning to get the Econiony going. Which is the opposite of the smash and grab operated under Osborne .
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, Baby classicMk3, Mono X300,  VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand.

STodd
Addicted
Addicted

Postby STodd » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:55 pm

hifinutt wrote:well just applied for a new mortgage deal and i must admit that 5 year deal was tempting ! because if corbyn ever got in i am sure interest rates would rise fast !

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/econ ... -like.html

We signed up to a 5-year deal 6 weeks ago Phil - so glad..!
MMStreamer (Teddy12/4), Sony BDP ► DAC X Sig/PSX-R || Rega P3-24 (Dino & Dino+)
Pre Xvs/PSX-R ► Mono X ► PMC GB1i || Objective2 ► Sennheiser HD558 || Bluesound PowerNode ► Focal Chorus 705V
Cables: ML Binary Star, Mark Grant G1500HD | Chord Epic ST
AG500 Mains Regen | http://www.last.fm/user/stetod

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:59 pm

very wise !!! I had to go with a 2 year deal in the end .
modwright 36.5 dual mono
msb s200 power amp

julianh
Addicted
Addicted

Postby julianh » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:41 pm

Thankfully I don't have a mortgage nor do I have plans on getting one. My daughter on the other hand will be wanting one soon but I sincerely hope interest rates won't reach the level my wife and I experienced on our first property in the early 1980's.
Sources: Cyrus CDXT Signature, Cyrus Stream X Signature, Linn Sondek LP12 (Basik Plus, AT440MLa, Khan, Lingo 2, Trichord Dino & Dino+)
DAC: Schiit Gungnir Multibit
Pre: Schiit Freya
Power: Hypex nCore NC400
Speakers: Focal 1008Be
Cables etc: ML Cryo Ref, Kimber 8TC, IanMac filters, Black Ravioli Pads, VPI 16.5

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:12 pm

Hammond says they may uturn on some taxes . hope they do , some folks are facing a 93 % rise in taxation over the next 4 years as a result of mr Osborne . that's one reason you may hear a lot of people being evicted from their rented property . they are sqeezing them so hard there is no profit anymore

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/investing/bu ... s-instead/
modwright 36.5 dual mono
msb s200 power amp

The Far North

Postby The Far North » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:56 pm

Hate to say it Phil, but my reading of Hammond's statement is that he feels they should no longer honour their commitment about not increasing tax or national insurance. I'd be amazed if they backtracked on the example you linked.

paranoid android

Postby paranoid android » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:43 pm

They should go about reforming all tax in this country starting with removing NI ( Cameron broken promise), then, a former Lib Dem policy of removing council tax and replacing it with a local income tax. Removing the VAT charged on petrol tax ( tax on tax). creating a Brexit tax where those who voted to leave the EU sign up voluntarily for the sake of the country they so love. This will be invoked to pay for the cost of leaving the EU. Those altruists like Aaron Banks, John Redwood, Farage etc could volunteer to pay for the poorer people who they conned ( fat chance!)
Remove Insurance premium tax and any other stealth tax on things you have to buy and replace with an environmental enhancing tax on anything that is detrimental to the environment.
And stay in the single market.

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:45 pm

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk ... es-do.html
I'd be interested to see whether people agree with lots of these policies?

Return to “The Park Bench”