a petition that already has 6 million signatures

off topic
callen24
Addicted
Addicted

a petition that already has 6 million signatures

Postby callen24 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:24 pm

Last edited by callen24 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cyrus stream X2, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform
rega RP6, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, sub-platter upgrade
Former owner of 20 Cyrus boxes

Czechchris
Addicted
Addicted

Re: a petition that already has 3.3 million signatures

Postby Czechchris » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:04 pm

Lot of folk, unless the bots have been busy.
ARC cd5>Fractal f1 rca>Primaluna Dialogue Premium Pre>Townshend Fractal f1 rca>PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Poweramps (mono)>Isolda>Tannoy Stirling SE + supertweets.  Raspberry pi with JRiver and usb hdd>Coax spdif>Wyred4Sound Dac2v2>Townshend F1 fractal>PL Dialogue Pre etc. .

"As long as you can boogie, you ain't too old." (Tarotplane)

mickbald
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mickbald » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:58 pm

This is true, I've seen other posts showing bots are posting from all over - no idea if they are true but it is making a mockery of western democracy - it needs to be tackled.

Anyway, I signed so one legit vote.

julianh
Addicted
Addicted

Postby julianh » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:39 pm

Czechchris wrote:Lot of folk, unless the bots have been busy.

Security experts are saying it’s unlikely to be bots due to the email confirmation required.
Sources: Cyrus CDXT Signature, Cyrus Stream X Signature, Linn Sondek LP12 (Basik Plus, AT440MLa, Khan, Lingo 2, Trichord Dino Mk3 & Dino+)
DAC: Schiit Gungnir Multibit
Pre: Stevens & Billington Baby Classic
Power: Hypex nCore NC400
Speakers: Focal 1008Be + BK XLS200
Cables etc: ML Cryo Ref, Kimber 8TC, IanMac filters, Black Ravioli Pads, VPI 16.5

SimonJ
Addicted
Addicted

Postby SimonJ » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:54 pm

The whole topic is a bloody joke, 2016 was the year of fake news some should be in prison

Democracy is not alive at all .....
Main system: GyroDec>Dynavector XX2MK2>Auralic Aries>Pimped DDDAC 1794>Coherant 4d>TE Vibe & Pulse PSU>Coherant 4D & 4D Mains>Sugden Sapphire FBA-800 & 4D Mains>Coherant 4D Speaker Cable>Focal 1028
Office - DIY System: MMStreamer>DDDAC>KT88 Valve Amp>Focal 1008

argustimewas
Addicted
Addicted

Postby argustimewas » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:23 pm

Signed
Michell Orb SE / SME 309 / Ortofon Quintet Black
Phono X & PSX-R
CDXt Signature
Auralic Aries Mini & LPS
DACXP Signature & PSX-R2
Mono X300 Signatures x 2
Spendor D7
Missing Link Binary Star coaxial, Atlas Navigator XLR, Mark Grant G1500HD RCA, Van Damme 6mm UP-LCOFC speaker cable
IMF x 3, R Andrews mains cables
X Arbour

mojo

Postby mojo » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:41 pm

12 hours on and another half million people have signed.

I was one of them - not that I think that it will change anything if I do...

The Far North

Postby The Far North » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:11 am

Just tried to sign this. The confirmation email with the link went to the Junk folder, so I guess that might say something. ???

mojo

Postby mojo » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:32 am

It's interesting to look at the petition vote map, to see some big differences. I guess you should expect that, but if you look at some areas of Birmingham, only a little over 1% of the constituents have signed, but if you look at South Cambridgeshire, almost one eighth of the constituents have already signed the petition!

In reality, those figures are flawed, because as far as I can tell, there is nothing in the petition that checks whether you are actually an eligible voter in the region that you quote as your home. But nevertheless, the numbers of people signing are quite large...

Joe
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Joe » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:11 pm

I signed it, somewhat reluctantly as I don't believe the government should simply revoke article 50 without a public vote, but then again I don't think that's really the intention. The idea is to force the debate and increase the pressure on the government. If you're skeptical about the figures, let's see how todays march compares to Nige's when his band of bigots get to Westminster.

I voted remain. I believe in democracy so I was prepared to respect the outcome but the government have made such an unimaginable cock up of the whole thing, I don't know what to think any more. The thought of a no deal Brexit is deeply concerning and should be avoided at any cost. I'd like us to remain but am worried about the fallout, the rise of far right, the increasing division, the subject never going away. Not that we should just leave out of fear of that, but I don't trust this government to deal with it. They lit the fuse.

One thing is for sure, May needs to go now. Arguably the worst prime minister in British history.
Michell Gyro Dec, SME IV, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Project Phono Box RS + Power Box.
Aurender N100H, Chord Hugo TT.
Luxman L-590AX II, PMC Fact 12 Signature.

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:22 pm

i would sign it if i could
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
rotel cd /teac ud-ho1 , tannoy eaton legacy 2] arcam a75 , jolida modwright dac marantz sa8005 RFC impulse ta`us horns

Czechchris
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Czechchris » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:32 pm

I try to stay politically neutral and be in favour of equality, however I have suffered under a female prime minister when I was in the mining industry (remember industry? When England had them) and now a prime minister who looks to be moving towards a complete breakup of the UK; driving Scotland further towards independence and abandoning NI to Europe.
Not to mention the benefits squeeze (ATOS for goodness' sake and my assessments as fit for work!).
It is so hard to keep neutral.
ARC cd5>Fractal f1 rca>Primaluna Dialogue Premium Pre>Townshend Fractal f1 rca>PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Poweramps (mono)>Isolda>Tannoy Stirling SE + supertweets.  Raspberry pi with JRiver and usb hdd>Coax spdif>Wyred4Sound Dac2v2>Townshend F1 fractal>PL Dialogue Pre etc. .

"As long as you can boogie, you ain't too old." (Tarotplane)

jules

Re: a petition that already has 4.986 million signatures

Postby jules » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:15 am

As soon as the 'meaningful parliament vote' was added at the start of the process the whole thing was doomed - you can't please everyone and months of negotiations mean nothing. Was implementing the 'meaningful vote' the correct thing to do? I'm not sure. It was asking MP 'do you want more power?', of course they are going to say yes.

Fortunately I'm in a position where I have friends in both camps and it could be tricky times ahead. I hear 3 views at the moment:

1. Staunch remainers who are buoyed by the delays in the process and are being given a glimmer of hope that the whole thing might go away.
2. People who voted remain but said we should respect the outcome of the referendum. Some of these are often business people who are trying to plan for all the different outcomes and are quite frankly pulling their hair out at the moment.
3. Staunch leavers, some of whom are threatening never to vote in an any elections again if we don't leave.

Interesting times :o
Cyrus CD8x/PreVs2/Xpower -> Cyrus i/cs, 4TC, Oddy -> Leema Xone

phlppip
Addicted
Addicted

Re: a petition that already has 6 million signatures

Postby phlppip » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:25 pm

Noooooooooooo, get us out asap I say!