callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Tomorrow

Postby callen24 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:18 pm

Thursday is an election day.
Can i encourage everyone to vote.
cyrus stream X2, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform
rega RP6, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, sub-platter upgrade
Former owner of 20 Cyrus boxes

zippy
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Tomorrow

Postby zippy » Wed May 22, 2019 4:52 pm

Deciding to vote is easy, it's deciding who to vote for that's the difficult part.
Win10 PC with Asset UPnP server/BubbleUPnP app on Android tablet
AG1500 regenerator/StreamXSig->DAC XPSig(with PSX-R2)->Bryston 4BSST2->KEF Reference 3~2

julianh
Addicted
Addicted

Postby julianh » Wed May 22, 2019 7:36 pm

Will definitely be voting tomorrow as will all of my family. There’s no way we’re going to let this specific election pass without expressing our opinions.
Sources: Cyrus CDXT Signature, Cyrus Stream X Signature, Linn Sondek LP12 (Basik Plus, AT440MLa, Khan, Lingo 2, Trichord Dino Mk3 & Dino+)
DAC: Schiit Gungnir Multibit
Pre: Stevens & Billington Baby Classic
Power: Hypex nCore NC400
Speakers: Focal 1008Be + BK XLS200
Cables etc: ML Cryo Ref, Kimber 8TC, IanMac filters, Black Ravioli Pads, VPI 16.5

mickbald
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mickbald » Wed May 22, 2019 8:39 pm

Yes, definitely. For the first time I won't be voting for my natural party. And no, it won't be for that man of the people, beer drinking banker. Bugger, spell check keeps spelling it as "banker"

argustimewas
Addicted
Addicted

Postby argustimewas » Wed May 22, 2019 9:08 pm

I will be voting too. In doing so I will try to select those who can best represent our interests for the time we are still in the EU, i.e the job of MEPs. While it's an opportunity to also express an opinion, it's important to consider the outcome of this election is not about Brexit - that is a matter for Parliament. Nor is it a general election.
Michell Orb SE / SME 309 / Ortofon Quintet Black
Phono X & PSX-R
CDXt Signature
Auralic Aries Mini & LPS
DACXP Signature & PSX-R2
Mono X300 Signatures x 2
Spendor D7
Missing Link Binary Star coaxial, Atlas Navigator XLR, Mark Grant G1500HD RCA, Van Damme 6mm UP-LCOFC speaker cable
IMF x 3, R Andrews mains cables
X Arbour

zippy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby zippy » Thu May 23, 2019 7:30 am

argustimewas wrote:I will be voting too. In doing so I will try to select those who can best represent our interests for the time we are still in the EU, i.e the job of MEPs. While it's an opportunity to also express an opinion, it's important to consider the outcome of this election is not about Brexit - that is a matter for Parliament. Nor is it a general election.

Fair enough, but I understand that the newly elected MEP's will not take their seats, in which case it's all just a waste of time and money.
I will vote, but as a protest...
AG1500 regenerator/StreamXSig->DAC XPSig(with PSX-R2)->Bryston 4BSST2->KEF Reference 3~2

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Thu May 23, 2019 9:14 am

i will definately voting , glad you started this thread callen
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
rotel cd /teac ud-ho1 , tannoy eaton legacy 2] arcam a75 , jolida modwright dac marantz sa8005 RFC impulse ta`us horns

Attonine

Postby Attonine » Thu May 23, 2019 9:40 am

argustimewas wrote:I will be voting too. In doing so I will try to select those who can best represent our interests for the time we are still in the EU, i.e the job of MEPs. While it's an opportunity to also express an opinion, it's important to consider the outcome of this election is not about Brexit - that is a matter for Parliament. Nor is it a general election.

I’m not in the U.K. for this election, so can’t vote. However I agree with this sentiment entirely. I’ve watched from my current location bemused as the Brexit Party seems to be surging, but on an issue that is, currently at least, a National issue that needs to be solved in Westminster, nothing to do with European elections. Odd.
Auralic Aries; Chord Hugo TT; ATC SCM40A; Audeze LCD 2

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Postby angelface » Thu May 23, 2019 12:19 pm

Of course the MEPs will take their seats..
.. you think parliement are going to settle on a solution anytime soon?
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7/VBL(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX300Sigs(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Thu May 23, 2019 3:52 pm

angelface wrote:Of course the MEPs will take their seats..
.. you think parliement are going to settle on a solution anytime soon?

I think you are right, the impasse continues.

If people didn’t notice, when parliament had indicative votes a few weeks ago the labour leadership whipped its MPs to vote for 3 different versions of leaving the EU ( i think one was Norway plus, another a customs union). The conservative leadership didn’t whip its MPs to support any of them ( though many conservative MPs voted for them).

I can’t see why the Prime minister didn’t think they met her mandate.
I worry about what they are cooking up.
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform

zippy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby zippy » Fri May 24, 2019 7:09 am

Things may become a little clearer today, or tomorrow, or Sunday, or ..............

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:58 pm

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Postby angelface » Tue May 28, 2019 7:46 am

Still a majority for a second referendum..
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7/VBL(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX300Sigs(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

Attonine

Postby Attonine » Tue May 28, 2019 8:25 am

Auralic Aries; Chord Hugo TT; ATC SCM40A; Audeze LCD 2

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Tue May 28, 2019 12:22 pm

angelface wrote:Still a majority for a second referendum..

more worrying is the nature of the brexit, it could be argued before that many of the brexit voters where for a rational, organised separation .
A no deal brexit strikes me as a wish to crash and burn, a lot more people seem to favour that.

But EU elections still had a low turnout, so I am cautious to draw conclusions about whether this would be reflected in a GE, or another ref ( of some knid)