You may think your Cyrus stuff is good but you're wrong.

where threads go to die ...
wyjsar
Addicted
Addicted

Re: You may think your Cyrus stuff is good but you're wrong.

Postby wyjsar » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:15 pm

[quote="TheDan"]
[quote="wyjsar"]
[quote="TheDan"]
[quote="wyjsar"]
[quote="TheDan"]
[quote="wyjsar"]
Which is more appropriate for this thread - The Troll Cave or The Cemetery? Either way, its creation shows rather poor judgment on the part of the OP.
[/quote]
Poor judgement? In what way. Happy to be corrected.
[/quote]
Oh dear, your village must be missing its idiot. Go home...
[/quote]

More personal abuse. Ad hominem doesn't work with me. But you carry on by all means.
[/quote]
Personal abuse or an accurate reflection? You post a deliberately inflaming thread here, referenced from a site from which you have been banned and with which you clearly have an axe to grind. Are you wishing the folks here go to the forum referenced to voice their opinions and inflame things? Or are you simply trying to wind up the people on this forum, the vast majority (like myself) who will have joined through buying and listening to Cyrus gear at some point and then choosing to remain on the forum because of its good nature?
You do, I take it, understand what a troll is?
[/quote]

Suggesting someone is a village idiot is juvenile abuse in my book. You judge it how you want.
[/quote]
What exactly do you expect when you create a puerile thread?
Intel NUC -> Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2 / STP-SE / ST-500 -> Audiovector SR1 Avantgarde Arreté / Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO
Sony Xperia X -> NAD D 3020 -> Audiovector Ki1 Signature / AKG N60NC wireless

Bolts2109
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Bolts2109 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:20 pm

[quote="TheDan"]
[quote="Bolts2109"]
Since you always have a strong view on everyone and everything here's mine: I have encountered you on two forums, and on both you have been discourteous and disruptive.

Putting other forums aside, this thread by any measure is ill judged and creates unnecessary disharmony.

If you wanted to make a positive contribution after having had issues elsewhere, CU was the place to do it as it's a rather grown-up forum - so, you could have put the past behind you but you chose not too.  This makes me suspicious that you get a kick out of stirring things up and perhaps see us all as part of that game. 

Cemetery or troll thread; either would suit me.
[/quote]

Right. Cemetery. Like the one you started titled Dan forum?
[/quote]

Well the cemetery is one of the few places that hasn't been inundated with your interminable posts. I suppose you'd describe that as 'a positive contribution' though.

More like bindweed.
Aurender N100H, Inspire Eclipse V2 w/Ortofon Cadenza Black, Bricasti M1 DAC, Jeff Rowland Capri, MK Geithain 903K

mickbald
Addicted
Addicted

Re: You may think you're Cyrus stuff is good but you're wrong.

Postby mickbald » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:26 pm

[quote="TheDan"]
[quote="mickbald"]
To be fair, what goes on in the WAM should stay in the WAM. We are a very different type of Forum even though many of us frequent both.
[/quote]

I thought slagging of Cyrus products would be of interest. If I'm wrong I'm happy to apologise.
[/quote]

Come on, it was very obvious that the OP was nothing to do with slagging off Cyrus products but a dig at a member of the Forum quoting another forum. It's not just cricket to do that! No bullying intended, just a plea for a bit of common sense.
AG500 regenerator for all but amps
Linn LP12, Kore, Cirkus, lingo 3, Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Roksan Caspian Reference phono stage.
CDXT Sig
Laptop PC - Stello U3
DAC XP Sig - PSX-R2
2 x Mono 200 Sig's
ATC SCM40 speakers - Atlas Hyper 2.0 cables
Streamline v2 in conservatory
Heybrooke HB2's

Rune

Postby Rune » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:06 pm

[quote="TheDan"]
Strong views on everyone and everything?

I have strong views on some things. I try to be measured. At no time on this forum have I offered strong views on anyone.

I'd suggest I've made dozens of positive contributions to this forum both publicly and privately.

I NEVER resort to personal abuse.
[/quote]
To me it seems that you have strong views on every subject under the sun and that is why someone suggested a name change for the forum.

Usually it is better to walk away from a fight and use the energy on something constructive instead!
Source: Synology NAS, Intel NUC Linux RoonServer, RPI RoonBridge
DAC: Chord Hugo
Pre amp: MFA Baby Ref.
Amps: 4xHypex nCore
Speakers: Dali Epicon 8
Cables: ML Cryo Ref. XLR, Yannis RCA, Analysis plus big silver oval
AV: NAD 758 v3 (DiracLive), 5.1  B&W M-1, PV1D sub

Robert
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Robert » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:02 am

Locking, no surprises there
home office: Dell laptop running JRriver MC22 / Meridian Explorer / AKG 550's
music room: PC transport running JRiver MC22 / Naim DAC-V1 / Naim Supernait 2 / Neat Motive SX2
kitchen: Naim Unitiqute 2 / Naim NAP100 / Totem Dreamcatchers