Great Cyrus Service

regarding Cyrus products and other hifi related threads
enescott

Great Cyrus Service

Postby enescott » Thu May 18, 2017 6:48 pm

I recently purchased a stream x2 and after ripping all my cd's I was very pleased with the result playing through my DAC XP Signature. I then purchased some hi rez music only to find that there was a terrible crackling sound coming from both speakers. I connected the streamer to my Pioneer AV amp to find that whatever files I played on the streamer the sound was perfect. So the culprit was the DAC XP Signature which is three years old and out of warrantee. Was the DAC always been faulty,the problem only coming to light since playing Hi Rez music files?
The reason I am posting is the wonderful service I have recieved from Chris Clifton at Cyrus. After writing and explaining the problem, Chris within the hour wrote back and offered half price servicing and repair although they have my DAC the engineer has yet to look at the unit.
Recieving high quality after sales service gives me confidence in future purchases of Cyrus hi fi as the strength of any company is not when thing go right but when they go wrong.

maro73
CU Subscriber Member
CU Subscriber Member

Re: Great Cyrus Service

Postby maro73 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:29 pm

Hello
Cyrus after sales have always been terrific to me in the past .. and that made a difference
CHeers

SAP7

Re: Great Cyrus Service

Postby SAP7 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:19 pm

Pleased it wasn't the as new streamer...

It really was only 3 months old! I suspected the DAC was the culprit.
CD XT sig / Stream X2  (Synology NAS) >  Chord Hugo TT > Mono X300 signatures > PMC 23
Grado GS1000e / 325e
Real name = Steve

Return to “General Discussion”