Recommended couriers for speakers

regarding Cyrus products and other hifi related threads
superjimbo

Recommended couriers for speakers

Postby superjimbo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:46 pm

Hi all,

I'm going to be selling my speakers soon and was wondering if anyone could recommend a courier? B&W 805s and heavy, probably 24kg for both with packing, I want them insured (should be worth £1000 to £1300) and I'm having trouble finding options. I'd also like to consider shipping overseas.

If anyone has any experience please let me know.

Thanks, James

Joe

Re: Recommended couriers for speakers

Postby Joe » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:58 pm

Try Inter parcel but read the T&Cs.
Michell Gyro Dec, Tecnoarm, Ortofon Rondo Blue, Project Phono Box RS + Power Box.
Aurender N100H, Chord Hugo TT.
Luxman L-590AX II, PMC Twenty 26.

superjimbo

Postby superjimbo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:25 am

Thanks Joe, will check them out.

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:59 pm

i always think couriers are a very last resort , seeing as they chuck stuff about . 805 should be a piece of cake to sell with collection or meet up as an option

that said , i like dpd a lot .
modwright 36.5 dual mono
msb s200 power amp
bel canto 3.5vbs/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd /Marantz sacd, sigmas conditioning
proac studio 125, cabling
rfc /chord epic //Townshend /acoustic zen

Robert
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Robert » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:32 pm

If you have to, book ups via interparcel.
home office: Dell laptop running JRriver MC22 / Meridian Explorer / AKG 550's
music room: PC transport running JRiver MC22 / Naim DAC-V1 / Naim Supernait 2 / Neat Motive SX2
kitchen: Naim Unitiqute 2 / Naim NAP100 / Totem Dreamcatchers

ozzric

Postby ozzric » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:36 am

I used the site Anyvan.com to find a courier to send my amp to Audionote for a service.

The site consists of an application form where you state your address, the delivery address and the nature of the consignment. Interested parties, who are typically private couriers then contact you with a quote for the service. The couriers can also include a narrative with the quote; the chap that took my amp stated he had delivered to Audionote before, was fully insured, and even had an original Audionote palette to strap the amp onto.
I helped him load the amp onto the van and ensured that it was secure and wrapped in a blanket to soften the road bumps. I got a confirmation email when delivered to Audionote. It helped that the driver was also a HiFi enthusiast. Total cost £60, Piece of mind, priceless. (Audionote arranged the return courier which was TNT).
I would definitely use the site again in the future.

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:33 am

ozzric wrote:I used the site Anyvan.com to find a courier to send my amp to Audionote for a service.

The site consists of an application form where you state your address, the delivery address and the nature of the consignment. Interested parties, who are typically private couriers then contact you with a quote for the service. The couriers can also include a narrative with the quote; the chap that took my amp stated he had delivered to Audionote before, was fully insured, and even had an original Audionote palette to strap the amp onto.
I helped him load the amp onto the van and ensured that it was secure and wrapped in a blanket to soften the road bumps. I got a confirmation email when delivered to Audionote. It helped that the driver was also a HiFi enthusiast. Total cost £60, Piece of mind, priceless. (Audionote arranged the return courier which was TNT).
I would definitely use the site again in the future.

i used this to get someone to pick up my rack, which was in pieces and awkward. And i don't have a car.
worked out well
like hifi nut i think anyone buying, who lives within 150 miles will want to pick up, and probably hear them playing first, as well.
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, Mono X300,  VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand.
rega P3-24, psu, elys2, Clearaudio nano

superjimbo

Postby superjimbo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:23 pm

Excellent, thanks everyone.