Qobuz on Cyrus

regarding Cyrus products and other hifi related threads
angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Qobuz on Cyrus

Postby angelface » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:57 am

CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7/VBL(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Qobuz on Cyrus

Postby callen24 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:13 pm

hurray, a visit to the dealer beckons
on the app you can stream titles you have bought as downloads, without having a subscription. quite useful.
i hope their is a 3 month trial
And the key thing. Will it stream hi res, article is unclear about that
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand.
rega P3-24, psu, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, Project RCM

angelface
Addicted
Addicted

Postby angelface » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:26 pm

It says..

Now its library of 70,000 24-bit tracks (available to £350 per year Sublime+ tier subscribers) can also be streamed directly from one of Cyrus’s streaming products.
CDXTSE2/PSX-R(Nordost Silver Line)BC DAC3.7/VBL(Atlas Navigator)MF Baby Mk2(Atlas Navigator)2xMonoX(Coherent 4D)WB Arc
HUMAX Freesat+/Sony BDPS280>AVMaster8 and SP+>Spendor C5e>> Monitor Audio RXW12 sub>>4xSpendor SR5

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:42 pm

ive just rang my dealer
a) they were totally unaware of this latest firmware update - which seems usual with cyrus - not communicating with dealer
b) they looked at the dealer part of the web - they say the qobuz firmware is already live, and if i took my streamer in today they could update to latest version

https://www.cyrusaudio.com/forums/topic ... -streamer/
Last edited by callen24 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand.

SAP7

Postby SAP7 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:17 pm

Interesting as they claimed there was so little built memory that they just managed to add Tidal.
I wonder if this option will mean you have to chose one or the other.
CD XT sig / Aurender N100h  (Synology NAS) >  Chord Hugo TT > Perreaux Eloquence 255i > Boenicke W8
Technics SP10 and Jelco 750e
Grado GS1000e / 325e
Real name = Steve

clive197
Addicted
Addicted

Postby clive197 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:30 pm

With the latest Cadence app, both Tidal and Qobuz will be live using 4.03 firmware.
Source:Aries G1,PS Audio NPC Phono
Technics SL1210M5G/OL Encounter Mk3A/Cadenza Black,OPPO UDP-205 BluRay
DAC:Chord Qutest,Chord Mojo/Poly
Amplifier:Bryston BP17Cubed/4B3
speakers:Spendor D7
Headphone:B&W C5v2,OPPO PM1
Cables:Chord Signature spk.
Atlas Mavros XLR x2,Atlas Mavros Ultra,Chord Indigo Plus XLR,DIGITAL Atlas Mavros Ultra x2,Atlas USB.Chord Optichord

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:37 pm

clive197 wrote:With the latest Cadence app, both Tidal and Qobuz will be live using 4.03 firmware.

as usual i won't be updating cadence till i have the latest firmware installed first

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:38 pm

i think cyrus and qobuz are missing an opportunity.
The high res streaming (sublime plus) is only available as a yearly subscription.
The opportunity to trial it for a month, before making the annual commitment could bring in more subscribers.
Imagine trying it, and really liking it, many hifi lovers wouldn't be able to live without it.
Last edited by callen24 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zippy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby zippy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:54 am

callen24 wrote:i think cyrus and qobuz are missing an opportunity.
The high res streaming is only available as a yearly subscription.
The opportunity to trial it for a month, before making the annual commitment could bring in more subscribers.
Imagine trying it, and really liking it, many hifi lovers wouldn't be able to live without it.

Not sure why you say this - I've just looked at the Qobuz site, and they seem to be offering a 30 day trial on CD quality (Qobuz hifi)

Addendum: OK so I just saw their highest quality (sublime) not available on trial. I'm not convinced though that going above CD quality really adds much.
Win10 PC with Asset UPnP server/BubbleUPnP app on Android tablet
AG1500 regenerator/StreamXSig->DAC XPSig(with PSX-R2)->Bryston 4BSST2->KEF Reference 3~2

Knipester

Postby Knipester » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:48 pm

Qobuz Sublime is what I have and it includes discounted purchase options of hi Rez files. The streaming is limited to cd quality 16/44.

I think their top package offering steaming if hi Rex is c.£350p/y.

Personally I’ve bought a few hi Rez albums but generally the normal streamed stuff is more than enough unless it’s a special album you want to play over and over again.

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:41 pm

lovin it
free firmware upgrade today from nottingham hifi
i have bought 35 albums with qobuz, but don't currently have a streaming subscription.
I signed into my account and it has let me stream my purchases, although in 44.1 hz. My my hi res purchases are streaming at this
Sounds good, the look of it looks better than tidal on cyrus.

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:31 pm

whether you want qobuz or not i think the firmware is worth it, information on tracks is now clearer in all sources. i think it looks better

LVitalis

Postby LVitalis » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:19 pm

Just got my upgraded Stream X2 and connected it.
As I mentioned in my separate post on the Soundkey, I treated myself to the Qobuz Hi Rez subscription, so I logged in and could see my purchased albums immediately.
Also the hi rez files stream perfectly.

The new Cadence app shows the bit rates and sample rate, which also matches what the DAC XP+ indicates.

It’s been playing for one hour now, no glitches, no problems and great sound! :)
Isotek Evo 3 Polaris + Premier, Marantz UD7007, Stream X2, DAC XP+ + PSX R2 , --> van den Hul XLR --> MONO X 200 (4x) --> tara lab rsc vector 2 --> B&W 803 diamond, Cabasse Jupiter Subwoofer. TV: Sony KDL 40W905A.
Sony NW ZX1 / IPhone X (256 GB) & Soundkey + Sennheiser Momentum

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:05 pm

As a previous subscriber ( a trial) ive just been offered a further free trial, lasting 3 months. Have others had this?

LVitalis

Postby LVitalis » Wed May 16, 2018 11:55 am

I have done some testing with mconnectHD on my iPad but I found it stops playing when I’m switching apps.
Now I downloaded the app for the iPhone, and I found this to be even better than the one for the iPad. The iPad one has too much info one screen, the iPhone version is very slick and easy to navigate. Well worth the 6,99.
I also noticed that cadence is not always playing hi res files in the correct format, i.e. a 192khz file as 96 kHz etc.
The mconnect always plays at the correct format.
As long as I don’t switch between mconnect and cadence whit the streamer still on, it seems to work fine.
I did that once, and the whole network was in shambles! I even had to restart the router to get everything working properly again.
I only use cadence now for the internet radio function, which works fine.
Isotek Evo 3 Polaris + Premier, Marantz UD7007, Stream X2, DAC XP+ + PSX R2 , --> van den Hul XLR --> MONO X 200 (4x) --> tara lab rsc vector 2 --> B&W 803 diamond, Cabasse Jupiter Subwoofer. TV: Sony KDL 40W905A.
Sony NW ZX1 / IPhone X (256 GB) & Soundkey + Sennheiser Momentum