Sonic Boom required for floor standers

regarding Cyrus products and other hifi related threads
jules

Re: Sonic Boom required for floor standers

Postby jules » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:54 am

dropkick wrote:It's been a while since I posted in this thread but I wanted to give a quick update.
Initially I was very worried about the size of my room, and the appropriate sized speakers. I also wanted to get front vented floor standers but was open to suggestions. I listened to Russel K Red speakers, in my local Audio T along with Audio Note AN E speakers (6k). Cutting a long story short, the Russel K speakers sound stage seemed small. Nothing like the B&W P4's I was used to. As for the Audio Note well I'm not spending 6k....

In the end I stretched my budget to £1800 and started looking for second hand B&W CDM10 S2 speakers which I eventually purchased. Oh my GOD>

This is perhaps the first time I really felt totally vindicated for the the money I have spent to make my system. Everything came together at once. As expected speakers can make the biggest change to a system, and these certainly have. They are slightly to big for my room, they are rear vented and roughly 2 feet from the wall this removed the boom at my listening volumes, but since I've had them I've been enjoying music at lower volumes. Very very happy. Spent the first six months listening to CD's again and I rarely did that before, but the sound change has been so involving that I'm not so radical about vinyl now.

Good news, glad it worked out 8)

Since the human ear is less sensitive to bass at lower volumes the extra bass the new speakers have is probably making lower volume listening more fun.
Cyrus CD8x/PreVs2/Xpower -> Cyrus i/cs, 4TC, Oddy -> Leema Xone

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Sonic Boom required for floor standers

Postby callen24 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:23 pm

if you are happy, that is all that matters
cyrus stream X2, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform
rega RP6, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, sub-platter upgrade
Former owner of 20 Cyrus boxes