17 March 2019 Kegworth - wam show

regarding Cyrus products and other hifi related threads
User avatar
callen24
Addicted
Addicted
Posts: 3306
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:39 am
Location: lesta

17 March 2019 Kegworth - wam show

Postby callen24 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:08 pm

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/forum/141- ... rch-16-17/

Hope to see a few people there
31 already booked in to show gear
I still think it is a great day out
I don’t like trade shows, but this is different

the thread link has a list of what people are bringing as a google doc
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform
rega P3-24, psu, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano

User avatar
hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted
Posts: 4674
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:21 pm

Re: 17 March 2019 Kegworth - wam show

Postby hifinutt » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:01 pm

Should be a good show, missed last year due to snow so looking forward to it
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns3] rotel , harbeth p3esr

User avatar
mickbald
Addicted
Addicted
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:01 pm
Location: Shropshire

Re: 17 March 2019 Kegworth - wam show

Postby mickbald » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:20 pm

Not planning to go after Scalford but might just change my mind at the last minute, as happened last year.

User avatar
callen24
Addicted
Addicted
Posts: 3306
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:39 am
Location: lesta

Re: 17 March 2019 Kegworth - wam show

Postby callen24 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:36 pm

mickbald wrote:Not planning to go after Scalford but might just change my mind at the last minute, as happened last year.


let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform
rega P3-24, psu, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano

User avatar
Knipester
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 518
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:59 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: 17 March 2019 Kegworth - wam show

Postby Knipester » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:39 am

I’ve loosely signed up to a room again as I enjoyed last years show and kegworth is lovely in the snow that time of the year ;)

No exactly sure what system I’ll have but it’s likely to be either Dutch & Dutch 8c’s doing pretty much everything or boenicke w11se’s.

I would love to show those who attend the show how good the D&D 8c’s sound in the hotels less than perfect rooms with all their fancy trickery.

Tbc

sunbeamgls
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 734
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: 17 March 2019 Kegworth - wam show

Postby sunbeamgls » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:47 pm

I'm in.

Not sure of a room number yet, but definitely exhibiting.

Taking the Akurate Exatk DSM, Exaktbox6/1 (with Katalyst upgrade), 3x Lejonklou Tundra Stereo 2.5 power amps and speakers to be confirmed. Either a pair of Gauder Akustiks or Linn Ninka - so there will be a splash of blue or a splash of red to look forward to!

As usual, you're invited to an informal Cyrusunofficial get together at mid-day on Sunday in my room.

I will update with room number when available. Look forward to seeing you there for the annual round of verbal abuse and banter ;)
Akurate EDSM; Akurate Kontrol/0/D pro; Akurate Exaktbox/1; 3x Lejonklou Tundra 2.5, Exakted PMC Twenty.26;  A4200/1, PMC Twenty.C; C4100, PMC Twenty.21;  Linn Silver ICs;  S480 BD; Samsung 40" 1080P 100Hz; Quadraspire; P5.
Playroom: SBT; V-DAC; Cyrus 6; Mission 773e
http://www.audiophilemusings.co.uk

User avatar
hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted
Posts: 4674
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:21 pm

Re: 17 March 2019 Kegworth - wam show

Postby hifinutt » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:56 pm

Knipester wrote:I’ve loosely signed up to a room again as I enjoyed last years show and kegworth is lovely in the snow that time of the year ;)

No exactly sure what system I’ll have but it’s likely to be either Dutch & Dutch 8c’s doing pretty much everything or boenicke w11se’s.

I would love to show those who attend the show how good the D&D 8c’s sound in the hotels less than perfect rooms with all their fancy trickery.

Tbc


hopefully you will have sold the boenicke by then , they do look great on ebay by the way
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns3] rotel , harbeth p3esr

User avatar
hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted
Posts: 4674
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:21 pm

Re: 17 March 2019 Kegworth - wam show

Postby hifinutt » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:59 pm

sunbeamgls wrote:I'm in.

Not sure of a room number yet, but definitely exhibiting.

Taking the Akurate Exatk DSM, Exaktbox6/1 (with Katalyst upgrade), 3x Lejonklou Tundra Stereo 2.5 power amps and speakers to be confirmed. Either a pair of Gauder Akustiks or Linn Ninka - so there will be a splash of blue or a splash of red to look forward to!

As usual, you're invited to an informal Cyrusunofficial get together at mid-day on Sunday in my room.

I will update with room number when available. Look forward to seeing you there for the annual round of verbal abuse and banter ;)


thanks for invite , they were trying to persuade me to enter my p3esr and the little topping tripath amp into the suitcase challenge i just bought but not quite persuaded yet. mid you it is a remarkable little bit of kit costing less than a tank of petrol s/h . i may or may not make it this year . but sunbeams room is always a treat
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns3] rotel , harbeth p3esr

User avatar
Knipester
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 518
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:59 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: 17 March 2019 Kegworth - wam show

Postby Knipester » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:08 pm

hifinutt wrote:
Knipester wrote:I’ve loosely signed up to a room again as I enjoyed last years show and kegworth is lovely in the snow that time of the year ;)

No exactly sure what system I’ll have but it’s likely to be either Dutch & Dutch 8c’s doing pretty much everything or boenicke w11se’s.

I would love to show those who attend the show how good the D&D 8c’s sound in the hotels less than perfect rooms with all their fancy trickery.

Tbc[/quote , they do look great on ebay by the way


I certainly hope they’ve gone by then Phil otherwise I might be walking to the show!

If it was just down to looks alone the boenickes wouldn’t be going anywhere as they are absolutely stunning and sound beautiful too. Alas I just don’t think my rooms right for them but someone’s in for a cracking deal... Phil?

You must come to the show Phil and take a room. The night before the show is a blast wandering from room to room chewing the fat,

User avatar
callen24
Addicted
Addicted
Posts: 3306
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:39 am
Location: lesta

Re: 17 March 2019 Kegworth - wam show

Postby callen24 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:25 pm

hifinutt wrote:
sunbeamgls wrote:I'm in.

Not sure of a room number yet, but definitely exhibiting.

Taking the Akurate Exatk DSM, Exaktbox6/1 (with Katalyst upgrade), 3x Lejonklou Tundra Stereo 2.5 power amps and speakers to be confirmed. Either a pair of Gauder Akustiks or Linn Ninka - so there will be a splash of blue or a splash of red to look forward to!

As usual, you're invited to an informal Cyrusunofficial get together at mid-day on Sunday in my room.

I will update with room number when available. Look forward to seeing you there for the annual round of verbal abuse and banter ;)


thanks for invite , they were trying to persuade me to enter my p3esr and the little topping tripath amp into the suitcase challenge i just bought but not quite persuaded yet. mid you it is a remarkable little bit of kit costing less than a tank of petrol s/h . i may or may not make it this year . but sunbeams room is always a treat

is there a price limit on the suitcase challenge, i suspect david H might still have the two rotel amps
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform
rega P3-24, psu, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano

sunbeamgls
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 734
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: 17 March 2019 Kegworth - wam show

Postby sunbeamgls » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:45 pm

sunbeamgls wrote:I'm in.

Not sure of a room number yet, but definitely exhibiting.

Taking the Akurate Exatk DSM, Exaktbox6/1 (with Katalyst upgrade), 3x Lejonklou Tundra Stereo 2.5 power amps and speakers to be confirmed. Either a pair of Gauder Akustiks or Linn Ninka - so there will be a splash of blue or a splash of red to look forward to!

As usual, you're invited to an informal Cyrusunofficial get together at mid-day on Sunday in my room.

I will update with room number when available. Look forward to seeing you there for the annual round of verbal abuse and banter ;)


After some intensive Exakt filter design activity over the past few days, I'm now happy with the design I have for the Gauder Akustik speakers, so they'll be going to the show. Watch out for the big blue speakers :)
Akurate EDSM; Akurate Kontrol/0/D pro; Akurate Exaktbox/1; 3x Lejonklou Tundra 2.5, Exakted PMC Twenty.26;  A4200/1, PMC Twenty.C; C4100, PMC Twenty.21;  Linn Silver ICs;  S480 BD; Samsung 40" 1080P 100Hz; Quadraspire; P5.
Playroom: SBT; V-DAC; Cyrus 6; Mission 773e
http://www.audiophilemusings.co.uk

User avatar
julianh
Addicted
Addicted
Posts: 1938
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:03 pm
Location: Here, There & Everywhere

Re: 17 March 2019 Kegworth - wam show

Postby julianh » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:28 pm

Sources: Cyrus CDXT Signature, Cyrus Stream X Signature, Linn Sondek LP12 (Basik Plus, AT440MLa, Khan, Lingo 2, Trichord Dino Mk3 & Dino+)
DAC: Schiit Gungnir Multibit
Pre: Schiit Freya
Power: Hypex nCore NC400
Speakers: Focal 1008Be + BK XLS200
Cables etc: ML Cryo Ref, Kimber 8TC, IanMac filters, Black Ravioli Pads, VPI 16.5

sunbeamgls
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 734
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: 17 March 2019 Kegworth - wam show

Postby sunbeamgls » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:57 pm

julianh wrote:Are these the ones —> https://www.audioemotion.co.uk/gauder-a ... 4836-p.asp


Yes, that's the actual pair. Although you shouldn't read anything into that pricing.

Taking them Exakt is an astonishing upgrade.
Akurate EDSM; Akurate Kontrol/0/D pro; Akurate Exaktbox/1; 3x Lejonklou Tundra 2.5, Exakted PMC Twenty.26;  A4200/1, PMC Twenty.C; C4100, PMC Twenty.21;  Linn Silver ICs;  S480 BD; Samsung 40" 1080P 100Hz; Quadraspire; P5.
Playroom: SBT; V-DAC; Cyrus 6; Mission 773e
http://www.audiophilemusings.co.uk

User avatar
hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted
Posts: 4674
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:21 pm

Re: 17 March 2019 Kegworth - wam show

Postby hifinutt » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:05 pm

no limit on cost i think for suitcase challenge

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/1295 ... challenge/
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns3] rotel , harbeth p3esr

User avatar
Knipester
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 518
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:59 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: 17 March 2019 Kegworth - wam show

Postby Knipester » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:11 pm

How big can your suitcase be? ;)