17 March 2019 Kegworth - wam show

Postby callen24 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:08 pm

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/forum/141- ... rch-16-17/

Hope to see a few people there
31 already booked in to show gear
I still think it is a great day out
I don’t like trade shows, but this is different

the thread link has a list of what people are bringing as a google doc
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform
rega P3-24, psu, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Re: 17 March 2019 Kegworth - wam show

Postby hifinutt » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:01 pm

Should be a good show, missed last year due to snow so looking forward to it
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns3] rotel , harbeth p3esr

mickbald
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mickbald » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:20 pm

Not planning to go after Scalford but might just change my mind at the last minute, as happened last year.

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:36 pm

mickbald wrote:Not planning to go after Scalford but might just change my mind at the last minute, as happened last year.

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform

Knipester

Postby Knipester » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:39 am

I’ve loosely signed up to a room again as I enjoyed last years show and kegworth is lovely in the snow that time of the year ;)

No exactly sure what system I’ll have but it’s likely to be either Dutch & Dutch 8c’s doing pretty much everything or boenicke w11se’s.

I would love to show those who attend the show how good the D&D 8c’s sound in the hotels less than perfect rooms with all their fancy trickery.

Tbc

sunbeamgls

Postby sunbeamgls » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:47 pm

I'm in.

Not sure of a room number yet, but definitely exhibiting.

Taking the Akurate Exatk DSM, Exaktbox6/1 (with Katalyst upgrade), 3x Lejonklou Tundra Stereo 2.5 power amps and speakers to be confirmed. Either a pair of Gauder Akustiks or Linn Ninka - so there will be a splash of blue or a splash of red to look forward to!

As usual, you're invited to an informal Cyrusunofficial get together at mid-day on Sunday in my room.

I will update with room number when available. Look forward to seeing you there for the annual round of verbal abuse and banter ;)
Akurate EDSM; Akurate Kontrol/0/D pro; Akurate Exaktbox/1; 3x Lejonklou Tundra 2.5, Exakted PMC Twenty.26;  A4200/1, PMC Twenty.C; C4100, PMC Twenty.21;  Linn Silver ICs;  S480 BD; Samsung 40" 1080P 100Hz; Quadraspire; P5.
Playroom: SBT; V-DAC; Cyrus 6; Mission 773e
http://www.audiophilemusings.co.uk

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:56 pm

Knipester wrote:I’ve loosely signed up to a room again as I enjoyed last years show and kegworth is lovely in the snow that time of the year ;)

No exactly sure what system I’ll have but it’s likely to be either Dutch & Dutch 8c’s doing pretty much everything or boenicke w11se’s.

I would love to show those who attend the show how good the D&D 8c’s sound in the hotels less than perfect rooms with all their fancy trickery.

Tbc

hopefully you will have sold the boenicke by then , they do look great on ebay by the way
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns3] rotel , harbeth p3esr

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:59 pm

sunbeamgls wrote:I'm in.

Taking the Akurate Exatk DSM, Exaktbox6/1 (with Katalyst upgrade), 3x Lejonklou Tundra Stereo 2.5 power amps and speakers to be confirmed. Either a pair of Gauder Akustiks or Linn Ninka - so there will be a splash of blue or a splash of red to look forward to!

As usual, you're invited to an informal Cyrusunofficial get together at mid-day on Sunday in my room.

I will update with room number when available. Look forward to seeing you there for the annual round of verbal abuse and banter ;)

thanks for invite , they were trying to persuade me to enter my p3esr and the little topping tripath amp into the suitcase challenge i just bought but not quite persuaded yet. mid you it is a remarkable little bit of kit costing less than a tank of petrol s/h . i may or may not make it this year . but sunbeams room is always a treat
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner

Knipester

Postby Knipester » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:08 pm

hifinutt wrote:
Knipester wrote:I’ve loosely signed up to a room again as I enjoyed last years show and kegworth is lovely in the snow that time of the year ;)

Tbc[/quote , they do look great on ebay by the way

I certainly hope they’ve gone by then Phil otherwise I might be walking to the show!

If it was just down to looks alone the boenickes wouldn’t be going anywhere as they are absolutely stunning and sound beautiful too. Alas I just don’t think my rooms right for them but someone’s in for a cracking deal... Phil?

You must come to the show Phil and take a room. The night before the show is a blast wandering from room to room chewing the fat,

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:25 pm

hifinutt wrote:

thanks for invite , they were trying to persuade me to enter my p3esr and the little topping tripath amp into the suitcase challenge i just bought but not quite persuaded yet. mid you it is a remarkable little bit of kit costing less than a tank of petrol s/h . i may or may not make it this year . but sunbeams room is always a treat

is there a price limit on the suitcase challenge, i suspect david H might still have the two rotel amps

sunbeamgls

Postby sunbeamgls » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:45 pm

After some intensive Exakt filter design activity over the past few days, I'm now happy with the design I have for the Gauder Akustik speakers, so they'll be going to the show. Watch out for the big blue speakers :)
Akurate EDSM; Akurate Kontrol/0/D pro; Akurate Exaktbox/1; 3x Lejonklou Tundra 2.5, Exakted PMC Twenty.26;  A4200/1, PMC Twenty.C; C4100, PMC Twenty.21;  Linn Silver ICs;  S480 BD; Samsung 40" 1080P 100Hz; Quadraspire; P5.

julianh
Addicted
Addicted

Postby julianh » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:28 pm

Sources: Cyrus CDXT Signature, Cyrus Stream X Signature, Linn Sondek LP12 (Basik Plus, AT440MLa, Khan, Lingo 2, Trichord Dino Mk3 & Dino+)
DAC: Schiit Gungnir Multibit
Pre: Schiit Freya
Power: Hypex nCore NC400
Speakers: Focal 1008Be + BK XLS200
Cables etc: ML Cryo Ref, Kimber 8TC, IanMac filters, Black Ravioli Pads, VPI 16.5

sunbeamgls

Postby sunbeamgls » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:57 pm

julianh wrote:Are these the ones —> https://www.audioemotion.co.uk/gauder-a ... 4836-p.asp

Yes, that's the actual pair. Although you shouldn't read anything into that pricing.

Taking them Exakt is an astonishing upgrade.

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:05 pm

no limit on cost i think for suitcase challenge

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/1295 ... challenge/
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner

Knipester

Postby Knipester » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:11 pm

How big can your suitcase be? ;)