Cyrus QXR Upgrade

regarding Cyrus products and other hifi related threads
ozzyvo6
Five+

Re: Cyrus QXR Upgrade

Postby ozzyvo6 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:27 am

callen24 wrote:i understand why cyrus want people to send things back, what the many people , for whom this is simple, don’t realise is that there are many you haven’t mastered the skills to do this properly, but think they have.
Cyrus don’t want screw ups who then blame cyrus in forums like this

Have you watched the video?
Its easier than replace a smartphone display.
Agree there are a lot of guys out there thinking they can achieve anything and then screw up...
And then to blame the Company is stupid. Sure...

To your (defence) point of Cyrus:
well if they would care what we talk here they would need an employee to be in forums like this to make the companies point....
I would do this upgrade within 10 min.... ...I'm a technician... but now be forced to transport my expensive stuff through Europe. TWICE.

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:22 pm

does the QXR upgrade bring a year, or 2 years extra guarantee?
cyrus stream X2, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform
rega RP6, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, sub-platter upgrade
Former owner of 20 Cyrus boxes

julianh
Addicted
Addicted

Postby julianh » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:32 am

ozzyvo6 wrote:
callen24 wrote:i understand why cyrus want people to send things back, what the many people , for whom this is simple, don’t realise is that there are many you haven’t mastered the skills to do this properly, but think they have.
Cyrus don’t want screw ups who then blame cyrus in forums like this

Have you watched the video?
Its (sic) easier than replace a smartphone display.
Agree there are a lot of guys out there thinking they can achieve anything and then screw up...
And then to blame the Company is stupid. Sure...

To your (defence) point of Cyrus:
well if they would care what we talk here they would need an employee to be in forums like this to make the companies point....
I would do this upgrade within 10 min.... ...I'm a technician... but now be forced to transport my expensive stuff through Europe. TWICE.

But a smartphone does not have mains voltages inside. Which a DAC could if the user left the mains cable plugged in or didn't allow time for the capacitors to leak their charge. And that's why Cyrus didn't allow users to update the software in their earlier streamers as you had to plug a computer into a mini USB socket on the inside to perform part of the update. It'll be a health and safety issue.
Sources: Cyrus CDXT Signature, Cyrus Stream X Signature, Linn Sondek LP12 (Basik Plus, AT440MLa, Khan, Lingo 2, Trichord Dino Mk3 & Dino+)
DAC: Schiit Gungnir Multibit
Pre: Stevens & Billington Baby Classic
Power: Hypex nCore NC400
Speakers: Focal 1008Be + BK XLS200
Cables etc: ML Cryo Ref, Kimber 8TC, IanMac filters, Black Ravioli Pads, VPI 16.5

Lancashirelad

Postby Lancashirelad » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:33 am

The video shows QX upgrade not QRX. The process may be similar but a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!
I think in this instance Cyrus have got it right. As I understand it the upgrade gets a 2 year guarantee but that only applies to the card & not the device as a whole.

mr_yogi

Postby mr_yogi » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:23 am

Also you loose your warranty if you change the screen on your mobile. I wasn't aware you could pop into your Apple Store or Sony Centre and pick up a replacement screen for an IPhone X or Xperia 10?