Sonority roller platform

regarding Cyrus products and other hifi related threads
southpaw

Sonority roller platform

Postby southpaw » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:35 pm

I’d got this isolation platform along with a Bel Canto DAC from Simbo. It really is great but having small children in the house means I’m constantly worrying about them touching it and it falling off.

I’m going to put the DAC on some sorbothane feet instead to save me worrying. My question as I’ve not seen Sonority platforms for sale either new or used is how much do they go for?

simbo

Re: Sonority roller platform

Postby simbo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:15 am

The RRP of the roller platform was £1500.

I won that one, which was made to measure for my kit (Cyrus at the time, but works well/better under BC), in a CU charity raffle a few years ago.
Naim Mu-so / Project Debut III with an Audio Note IQIII :o / GS Genera (DIY)

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:59 pm

ah i have had several sonority design stands and had some custom made for my 804s , i know what you mean by rolling around . pricing a small component like this is very hard and you would have to be very reaistic to sell it

http://www.sonoritydesign.co.uk/platforms/

https://www.rdhworld.co.uk/phpBB3/viewt ... e=1&t=8030
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit saga , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:22 pm

I now have this platform.

I bought it without having a plan, without realising that it was quite high.
I ended up having on top for two weeks, and moving the turntable.
I wouldnt say it is worth £1500 ( heavy duty, custom) but I ive been surpised what a difference it has made.
It takes about a day to settle, so a short audition doesnt give you an idea ofwhat it can do.

It is under my oppo Dac, essentially my main source.
i feel like I have just done a DAC upgrade.
Finding a shelf high enough has lead me to move stuff onto shelves which are counter intuative, with cables going back on themselves.
But it sounds better.
Looking at the design Im sure DIY bods on here could create something similar, without infringing copyright
Last edited by callen24 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand.
rega P3-24, psu, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, Project RCM

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:38 pm

thanks for write up , can`t see it cost 1500 quid though . i paid 1200 quid for my 2 big sonority design stands for my B&W speakers

one day if you ever get a chance to go to sonority designs demo rooms in the midlands , they are spoken of by my friends in hushed tones they are so amazing
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit saga , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns

simbo

Postby simbo » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:35 pm

£1500 was the RRP on their website for a made-to-measure roller platform when I won this one and it was made for me based on my measurements, including maquette in MDF being provided to ensure the points would be positioned suitably. Also got to spend the day at the listening room with Asian takeaway & a bottle of vino to boot.

The cost is simply down to three things. R & D - the workshop was full of previous materials tested for both the platform, cups and ball bearing points, bespoke build and small market. Value on the other hand is owner-subjective 8)
Naim Mu-so / Project Debut III with an Audio Note IQIII :o / GS Genera (DIY)

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:37 pm

hifinutt wrote:thanks for write up , can`t see it cost 1500 quid though . i paid 1200 quid for my 2 big sonority design stands for my B&W speakers

one day if you ever get a chance to go to sonority designs demo rooms in the midlands , they are spoken of by my friends in hushed tones they are so amazing

review on the wam from 2009
"very true but the tremendous improvement of this shelf is worth it. the bass has gone so deep you would never need a subwoofer and the soundstaging is magnificent. I is better than when i biamped so i am saving the cost of an amp

i will of course be swopping between other isolation I have such as the ravioli and stillpoints to see if i am being deceived.

actually one downside is i was listening to light and shade by mike oldfield and the bass was too much for my ears even at 45db , felt like pressure . how on earth 2 layers of phenolic resin with a few ball bearings can do this is beyond me."
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand.
rega P3-24, psu, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, Project RCM