Tannoy Eaton Legacy standmount speakers

post your reviews of Cyrus kit here, and any other hifi components.
hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Tannoy Eaton Legacy standmount speakers

Postby hifinutt » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:04 pm

Had a friend around today and we just listened again to the Eaton legacy . these are a modest standmount that tannoy have ressurected from past . they have real grunt and image so beautifully . all but one of the folks who have been here have loved them and they are highly recommended if you want a good standmount with zero boom issue that can be relatively inconspicuous

https://theaudiophileman.com/eaton/
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns3] rotel , harbeth p3esr

Czechchris
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Tannoy Eaton Legacy standmount speakers

Postby Czechchris » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:54 pm

Very nice speakers if you can live with them aesthetically.
Good review link, thanks.
ARC cd5>DCT 300>Primaluna Dialogue Premium Pre>Townshend Fractal f1 rca>PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Poweramps (mono)>Isolda>Tannoy Stirling SE + supertweets.  Raspberry pi with JRiver and usb hdd>Coax spdif>Wyred4Sound Dac2v2>Townshend F1 fractal>PL Dialogue Pre etc. .

"As long as you can boogie, you ain't too old." (Tarotplane)

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:52 am

yes , i use them with the grills and they are fine , very good waf , especially as they are substantially smaller than many other speakers i have in there . you could listen to them for hours and unlike many other speakers they are very balanced in sound
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns3] rotel , harbeth p3esr

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:16 pm

hifinut, you have harbeth, and the impulses, do you need a third set of speakers, is one of the others going to be moved on?
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand.
rega P3-24, psu, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano, Project RCM

RichardLowe

Postby RichardLowe » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:25 am

callen24 wrote:hifinut, you have harbeth, and the impulses, do you need a third set of speakers, is one of the others going to be moved on?

I think his signature can't keep up with the changes! Use it for guidance only. ;D
(NAS > LAN network) + (oppo 203 > ml binary star i/c) > primare pre60 > tellurium q black xlr > primare a60 > tellurium q black 2.0 > boenicke w11

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:19 pm

ah now , got 3 systems on the go . the impulse taus are just AWESOME with some firebottle mono`s and are my main listening . they have huge sense of space

the Tannoy eatons are in the lounge and are not conspicuous like so many predecessors eg martin logan summit x , focal diablo etc . they are a delightful speaker and an ex CU member was here recntly enjoying them greatly

The harbeth p3esr are in a third system with a rotel amp and mainly for listening over meals etc

truly a speaker nutcase i am afraid !!!! :D :D
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner