Tannoy Eaton Legacy standmount speakers

post your reviews of Cyrus kit here, and any other hifi components.
hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Tannoy Eaton Legacy standmount speakers

Postby hifinutt » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:04 pm

Had a friend around today and we just listened again to the Eaton legacy . these are a modest standmount that tannoy have ressurected from past . they have real grunt and image so beautifully . all but one of the folks who have been here have loved them and they are highly recommended if you want a good standmount with zero boom issue that can be relatively inconspicuous

https://theaudiophileman.com/eaton/
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns3] rotel , harbeth p3esr

Czechchris
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Tannoy Eaton Legacy standmount speakers

Postby Czechchris » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:54 pm

Very nice speakers if you can live with them aesthetically.
Good review link, thanks.
ARC cd5>DCT 300>Primaluna Dialogue Premium Pre>Townshend Fractal f1 rca>PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Poweramps (mono)>Isolda>Tannoy Stirling SE + supertweets.  Raspberry pi with JRiver and usb hdd>Coax spdif>Wyred4Sound Dac2v2>Townshend F1 fractal>PL Dialogue Pre etc. .

"As long as you can boogie, you ain't too old." (Tarotplane)

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:52 am

yes , i use them with the grills and they are fine , very good waf , especially as they are substantially smaller than many other speakers i have in there . you could listen to them for hours and unlike many other speakers they are very balanced in sound
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner
onkyo sacd , tannoy eaton legacy 2] schiit freya , firebottle hybrid monos , bc 3.5vbs, marantz sa8005 , reference fidelity impulse ta`us horns3] rotel , harbeth p3esr

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:16 pm

hifinut, you have harbeth, and the impulses, do you need a third set of speakers, is one of the others going to be moved on?
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform
rega P3-24, psu, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano

RichardLowe

Postby RichardLowe » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:25 am

callen24 wrote:hifinut, you have harbeth, and the impulses, do you need a third set of speakers, is one of the others going to be moved on?

I think his signature can't keep up with the changes! Use it for guidance only. ;D
(NAS > LAN network) + (oppo 203 > ml binary star i/c) > primare pre60 > tellurium q black xlr > primare a60 > tellurium q black 2.0 > boenicke w11

hifinutt
Addicted
Addicted

Postby hifinutt » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:19 pm

ah now , got 3 systems on the go . the impulse taus are just AWESOME with some firebottle mono`s and are my main listening . they have huge sense of space

the Tannoy eatons are in the lounge and are not conspicuous like so many predecessors eg martin logan summit x , focal diablo etc . they are a delightful speaker and an ex CU member was here recntly enjoying them greatly

The harbeth p3esr are in a third system with a rotel amp and mainly for listening over meals etc

truly a speaker nutcase i am afraid !!!! :D :D
1]bc pre 3 vbs
msb s200 power amp
/vbs1 FM1 tuner