New Cyrus QXR DAC Module

regarding Cyrus products and other hifi related threads
callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Re: New Cyrus QXR DAC Module

Postby callen24 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:14 pm

nathanc wrote:I'm very interested in getting this upgrade for my Pre2Dac but I'd have to compare it to a 2nd hand Chord2Qute which you can get for the same kind of money.
When I bought my Pre2Dac, I trialled one of those but went for the pre as the improvement in sound was to all inputs, not just digital. That said, I remember the Chord as sounding amazing when plugged in to my old Pre. Keeping the box count the same though, makes it a very attractive proposition!

i suspect that you will find the chord better, but there are other differences, and things to take into account.
For example if you listen to lots of vinyl a better cartridge might bring more overall enjoyment.
And there are amazing speaker bargains, if you collect, available eg more expensive KEFs
but given that i’ve heard the older QX upgrade I suspect the QXR will be rated as good money spent, you get the extra quaranteee to
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform
rega P3-24, psu, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano