NORD responds to to those who say their amps are too cheap

regarding Cyrus products and other hifi related threads
callen24
Addicted
Addicted

NORD responds to to those who say their amps are too cheap

Postby callen24 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:09 pm

cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform
rega P3-24, psu, AT95e/paratrace, Clearaudio nano

MiniCoupeman

Re: NORD responds to to those who say their amps are too cheap

Postby MiniCoupeman » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:31 pm

I have just had my Nord ND500 upgraded with the new REV board. I was reluctant because I did not think the amplifier could be materially improved and the upgrade is not cheap (£720). Wrong. Clearly heard improvements all round. Oh and Colin at Nord gives/gave the best customer care I have ever experienced from any company. Details to boring to list but the mans a real Gent.

mickbald
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mickbald » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:21 pm

Good result - been looking at these for a while listening to other positive comments.

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:59 pm

mickbald wrote:Good result - been looking at these for a while listening to other positive comments.

i guess you ought to try one in your room, with your speakers, for a few hours - lol O0
cyrus stream X2, CDi, Oppo HA-1SE, IMFs, mfa Baby classicV2, NORD OneUP, VA Beethoven Baby Grand
ML binarystar digital, DenchXLR, RFCneptune RCA, VanDamme OFC spk cable. AG 500 ac regenerator and Townsend Seismic sink stand, sonority roller platform

Ianmac
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Ianmac » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:54 am

I remember when we suggested Cyrus look at hypex modules when they started talking about class D. A few of us built hypex to replace our MonoX.
Nord are offering good amps at resonable prices . Not sure I would pay extra for CNC milled cases though.
Do I detect a little OTT in their current webpages -Fuses- copper- ClassA ?
Watch their prices as they establish themselves and sales increase ?
- and there is the brexit factor .
Sytem 1.
Engineered SA-NMR Renderer (Ianmac PSU) :BelCanto CD-2: Technics 1200 (Ianmac Bearing + Ianmac PSU+Ianmac arm): DACT-Ianmac phono pre >Benchmark DAC2 HGC>2*Ianmac-Hypex NCore monos> ATCSCM40 : Ianmac filters
System 2
Engineered SA-NMR Renderer (Ianmac PSU) :Benchmark DAC1.Sony CDP D11 pro: 2*-Hypex Ncore monos: Kef ref1-2.
IMF's

callen24
Addicted
Addicted

Postby callen24 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:22 am

Ianmac wrote:I remember when we suggested Cyrus look at hypex modules when they started talking about class D. A few of us built hypex to replace our MonoX.
Nord are offering good amps at resonable prices . Not sure I would pay extra for CNC milled cases though.
Do I detect a little OTT in their current webpages -Fuses- copper- ClassA ?
Watch their prices as they establish themselves and sales increase ?
- and there is the brexit factor .

I know what you are saying, this model is for those that want to spend mega bucks.
But nearly everyone will be perfectly satisfied with the cheaper case version, like mine, and be perfectly happy with the NC500 Version.
That remains good value
But you have to hear to judge